Thursday, February 17, 2011

Merry Christmas! (12/25/10)

Yay, 00 days until Christmas!

Evidence that Santa came:

As was apparent by the video I posted on the previous entry, Lily was very excited about all of the presents under the tree on Christmas morning. Here she is with Amber checking out the piles of gifts:

Lily was extra excited about the presents in the Dora wrapping paper:

My girls by the tree:


Lily loved playing with the wrapped boxes and enjoyed carrying them around and randomly distributing them:
Rachel sorting out who the presents were really intended for:
Lily was way more into playing with the pretty wrapped boxes (carrying them around, stacking them, standing on the piles, etc) than actually opening the gifts. When she wanted one opened, she usually handed it to me and said, "open, open." I finally got her to open one for herself and she did it so slowly and carefully it was ridiculous:
Underwear, YES! It's easy to please Paul:
Rachel rocking out on her paper guitar:
Hmmmm, I don't remember asking for anything from Victoria's Secret:

Silly Lily wrapping ribbon around her binkie:
Lily's favorite gift by far was my old Fisher Price little people house that I gave her:

Again, the only problem with having Lily open a gift that she really liked was that she had no further interest in any other presents. We decided not to force her because where's the fun in that and continued opening the rest of our gifts while she played with the house. Here she is taking the doggy for a ride in the rolling horse:
Rachel thought that her chocolate Santa looked too yummy to resist:

After we finished with our gifts, we put the remainder of Lily's back under the tree and sat around relaxing for a bit. Lily got sleepy and wanted to cuddle on daddy and watch Dora the Explorer. So cute:
Before her naptime, I remembered one more important gift for her that we forgot in the basement so I pulled it out and let her open it:
A rocking horse! She was so excited:

Lily took another extra long nap after the excitement of the morning then we headed over to my Aunt Gloria's house at 3pm for our traditional Christmas day celebration with her and Uncle Jim. It is always a nice relaxed affair where we gorge ourselves on way too much yummy food.
Here is our apparently angry snowflake reading a magazine at Gloria's house:
My girls goofing around together:


My little lefty coloring with her new art set:

Lily playing in a box with grandma and Rachel:
My giggly girl thinks that her big sister is hilarious:
Lily trying to leave with a handful of penguins:
We left a little after 7pm to head over to my parents' house for our gift exchange with them. I worried that Lily would be burned out on presents by then but she still loved the boxes and again, wanted to hand them out to everyone despite the fact that she couldn't read the name tags:
Rachel and I:
Lily handing me a gift to open for her:
Somehow this hunting hat that Paul picked out got into the wrong tote so he opened it at my parents' house instead of at home. It was much better that way since we had more witnesses as to how ridiculous the hat looked on him. Apparently it is made for people with gigantic foreheads:
Rachel gave it a try:
My dad opening his charging station:
Lily was fascinated by the Peanuts snowglobe:
Lily loved her Wheel Pals track:
She was very excited about this package of animals and was less than patient while I tried to open it. I can't stand the ridiculous amount of packaging on children's toys:

The theme of Paul's Christmas presents was 'socks' which was great because now I can finally throw out all of his holey pairs (shh, don't tell him):
A pretty sweater for me:
A package of my homemade salsas and jams for my mom:
Rachel was very excited about this bracelet that my parents got for her on their trip to Italy:
Lily's pairs of animals went in this ark, complete with a Noah whom Lily kept calling Santa:
My pretty aquamarine bracelet which is Lily's birthstone:
My goofy girl wanted grandma to help her get in the boat:
Overall, we had a great Christmas. We loved having Rachel with us again so that was a gift in and of itself. Lily was wonderfully well-behaved and, although she wasn't into her gifts nearly as much as I thought she'd be, she did quite well with all of the structured events and trips to different people's houses with big crowds. She really enjoyed many of her gifts and seemed to do better opening just a few presents in small bursts and then being allowed time to play with them. She still has quite a few gifts under the tree back home but there is no rush opening them. I want it to be fun for her and this way, Christmas can last a bit longer!

No comments: