Friday, February 4, 2011

25 Days of Thankfulness (11/25/10)

Since Thanksgiving is on November 25th, I posted 25 days of thankfulness on Facebook. Here is what I was/am thankful for:

November 1: Today I am thankful for my babysitter’s good test results.
November 2: Today I am thankful for my loving husband who tells me that I look good even with no make-up on and my hair in a greasy ponytail. (Wait, maybe that has something to do with the fact that he needs glasses…)
November 3: Today I am thankful that, in a few minutes, I will be crawling into a warm bed in my own home with a full tummy and a happy heart. It is sad that many people in the world cannot say the same.
November 4: Today I am thankful for my daughter’s laughter. When I hear Lily giggle, all is right with the world.
November 5: Today I am thankful for the power of love. It makes people do some pretty amazing things.
November 6: Today I am thankful for my Aunt Margaret who came up from Florida to help out my grandmother so my parents didn’t have to miss their trip to Italy.
November 7: Today I am thankful for my grandmother who turns 90 years old today!
Today I am doubly thankful that my parents are okay after their flight to Italy had to make an emergency landing back in Atlanta. I pray that the rest of their trip is stress-free!
November 8: Today I am thankful that my home is filled with toys and is never quiet. My hair is usually a mess and I am always tired but there is constant love and laughter here. In 20 years, Lily won’t remember the house or my hair- she will remember the time we spent together and the love we felt. Make childhood memorable.
November 9: Today I am thankful to have stable employment in this unstable economy. A few days ago, I celebrated my 9th anniversary working for U of M Hospital. Where does the time go?
November 10: Despite my injury, today I am thankful for the health of my family, especially my 90 year old grandmother who is recovering nicely from her hip replacement.
November 11: Today is Veteran’s Day so I am incredibly thankful for all of the service people out there (especially my father) who put their lives on the line for our freedom.
November 12: Today (and every day), I am thankful for my beautiful miracle baby.
November 13: Today I am thankful for opportunities. My parents are currently touring Italy as my mother and I did when I graduated from college. Visiting other countries gives you a perspective on life that no book ever can.
November 14: Today I am thankful for my friends who have stood by me through thick and thin, especially Krista, Amanda, Amy, and Janet. They are the sisters I never had.
November 15: Today I am thankful for unanswered prayers. It is not just the joys but also the disappointments in life that have shaped who I am today.
November 16: Today I am thankful for Lily’s smile. It lights up my world.
November 17: Today I am thankful for the simple joys and wonderful innocence of childhood. I don’t know the last time I did a “happy dance” when someone offered me a pear like Lily did tonight for her bedtime snack!
November 18: Today I am thankful for God’s love and forgiveness.
November 19: Today I am thankful for chocolate.
November 20: Today I am thankful for family. It was so nice to spend the day with both sides of our family and Lily was elated to see both sets of grandparents!
November 21: Today I am thankful for naps and Nick Jr. Without them, I could never get anything done!
November 22: Today I am thankful for the time that I got to spend with my dear sweet cat, Nolan. RIP little buddy. I will miss you.
November 23: Today I am thankful for my wonderful parents. They are my rock and I cannot say enough nice things about them.
November 24: A few days ago, I was thankful for unanswered prayers. Today I am thankful for answered ones, especially those for our friend who is going home today after needing emergency surgery earlier in the week.
November 25: Today is Thanksgiving! Today I am thankful for all of the blessings God has bestowed upon me this year. I am thankful for a wonderful year with my beautiful little girl and for the health and well-being of myself, my family, and my friends. I will be spending today surrounded by my happy, stable, loving, and supportive family. Who could ask for more?

No comments: