Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Get Me Away from That Fat Jolly Man (12/4/10)

Lily and Santa have always had a bit of a rocky relationship. This was her reaction to him last year:

She was going through a lot of stranger anxiety back then and I thought that, being older, she would be able to better handle it this year. We had logical talks about how Santa was a nice guy who will bring her presents and that she should be nice to him because he is her friend. All my prep work didn’t help and Lily clung to me like a crazed monkey girl when we went to get her picture taken with Santa. She started crying and refused to let go of me so I couldn’t even attempt to get her in his lap. I should’ve known that we were doomed when I accidentally texted my friend that we were out getting Lily’s picture taken with Satan. He might as well have been Lucifer based on the way that Lily reacted to him. We had to settle for a few shots of her tearfully clinging to me and looking skeptically at Santa/Satan:


And here's the gem taken by the on-site photographer. Seriously? You'd think that at least one of us would've looked decent in the shot:

No comments: