Monday, February 14, 2011

1Y43W: Pre-Holiday (12/20/10 - 12/26/10)

Paul took this week off of work to spend time with Rachel and get some projects done around the house. I still had to work Monday through Wednesday and the plan was to keep Lily in daycare so that Paul could focus on his very lengthy and long neglected ‘To Do’ list. Unfortunately, those items will have to stay on the list even longer because Tammy had to close her daycare for most of the week. She was without power on Monday and had doctor’s appointments on Tuesday and Wednesday. I think Paul was a bit bored playing stay-at-home dad but Lily loved being home with her big sister.

I had Thursday off for my consultation with Orthopedics/Sports Medicine regarding my leg and knee pain. The doctor did an x-ray which showed that I have arthritis and a mild lateral patella tilt which is also known as runner’s knee. It can be caused by imbalanced quadriceps and hamstring muscles or a tight iliotibial band that can lead to the kneecap being pulled to one side. It can also be caused by pronation issues from my flat feet. The dislocated kneecap can cause pressure, friction, and irritation to the cartilage of the knee when it is in motion. That could certainly account for my pain. However, he also heard clicking in my knee which is suspicious for a meniscal tear so he ordered an MRI (which I have been requesting for months from my GP). I am glad that I’m finally getting some answers as to why I am in so much pain.

Friday was Christmas Eve and Saturday was Christmas so those days will be on separate posts. We spent Sunday relaxing around the house and recovering from the bustle of the holidays.

Here are some pictures from the beginning of this week.

My funny little Lily loves to use the soft Christmas coasters to make beds for her animals:

And this little doll:


Many things change but some things stay the same. Here's Lily running around with a toy butterfly in her mouth:

And here she is with the bee from that same toy collection almost a year ago:

Silly girl!

No comments: