Saturday, February 5, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving (11/25/10 - 11/26/10)

Thursday was Thanksgiving. We usually always celebrate the holiday at my grandma’s house with my parents, my Aunt Gloria, and my Uncle Lee and his family. This year, my grandma could not host the holiday because she is still on the mend from her hip fracture and replacement so my parents had dinner at their house. We attended along with my Aunt Gloria and grandma but Lee, Robin, Ashlee, Jeremy, and Todd had dinner with Robin’s family instead. We had a wonderful dinner and a great time but it felt odd to not have Lee and the gang there. They did stop by for a visit later that evening which was nice.

We spent the night so that my mom and I could go shopping on Black Friday with the rest of the world. We are definitely not ‘storm the doors of Wal-Mart at 3am’ people so we moseyed out of the house around 11am to begin our shopping day. We got a lot of good gifts and even had time to stop at the outlets in Birch Run. Lily got to spend the day hanging out with the guys. We got back around dinnertime and enjoyed Thanksgiving leftovers. Delicious! We then packed up the truck and headed to Grayling to spend the remainder of the weekend with Paul’s parents.

Here are some pictures.

My cutie showing off her Thanksgiving outfit:


Complete with turkey hair clip:

Lily loves playing with the blocks at grandma’s house:



Gobble, gobble:

Lily went to climb off the couch but Paul’s face was right under her. He wasn’t too happy about getting kicked in the head but I thought it was kind of funny, hence the picture:

Lily checking out the dessert table:

She is sooooo ready to eat:

Family photo:

Lily loves to have grandma read her books in the rocking chair:

Todd, Robin, Ashlee, and Jeremy:

My mom, Aunt Gloria, my dad, Lily, and a ton of toys:

Lily coloring with her kitty on Friday:

Everyone is indeed thankful for Lily:


A big hug for grandma:

For dinner, Lily wanted carrots and dip (a.k.a. mashed potatoes). To each their own:

No comments: