Tuesday, February 8, 2011

1Y40W: Putting up the Pretty Lights (11/29/10 - 12/5/10)

This work week was fairly run of the mill. We had a staff holiday party after work on Wednesday so my mom picked Lily up from daycare around 4pm and watched her at our house for the evening. Lily found that delightful. I had a meeting with my GP on Friday because my leg still hurts so bad that I can barely move it and it’s been nearly a month now. It continues to hurt horribly when I try to stand up and if I try to run or even walk quickly, I instantly start limping in intense pain. I am so sick of the pain it is ridiculous. My doctor ordered an ultrasound and gave me a referral to orthopedics/sports medicine. Hopefully they will find out what is wrong so I can get some relief soon.

After a fairly uneventful week, we had a busy but stressful weekend. On Saturday, we took Lily to a breakfast with Santa event in Chelsea. We met Meghan and Abygail there. Lily’s encounter with Santa will be posted separately. After the event, we went out to eat with Meghan, Abygail, and some friends since only the kids were allowed to eat with Santa. On our way home, we stopped at a craft bazaar in Pinckney but couldn’t stay long because Lily was very tired and crabby. After her nap, we started decorating the house inside and out for Christmas. Lily was very excited as she has been noticing Christmas lights around town and absolutely loves them. She calls them “pwewy (pretty) lights”. She was especially excited about the Christmas tree but we put it up fairly late so she didn’t get to see the finished product until the morning. After Lily’s nap on Sunday, we dressed her up and took some pictures of her near the tree in an attempt to get a good Christmas card picture. That was a complete failure so we decided to head up to Bronner's in Frankenmuth to get her picture with a cool Christmas background. Unfortunately, that turned out to be an even larger failure. Such a failure, in fact, that I will be making a future post of Christmas card outtakes. At the time, I was very frustrated that I wasted the entire weekend trying to achieve the impossible task of getting a squirmy non-compliant toddler to sit still and look at the camera for a mere few seconds but looking back at the pictures, I can’t help but laugh. However, I continue to be frustrated that I have nothing good to use for our Christmas cards. I need to get them put together and sent out ASAP.

All week Lily continued to be extremely frightened to sleep in her bed. I have to lay on the floor next to her crib to get her to finally go down (still with extreme difficulty). I then have to army crawl out of her room after she falls asleep only to have her scream when she wakes in the middle of the night to find that she is alone. I have reluctantly been allowing her to come in our bed at that point because the alternative is to have her scream and cry for hours. She has amazing endurance and lung power! I don’t want her to get used to sleeping in our bed again but I am so horribly tired and desperate for sleep that I am willing to compromise my principles.

Lily said some amazingly cute things this week. Here are my two favorites:
- When she saw the snow here this week (and up north last weekend) instead of being amazed she declared, “Oh no… a mess!” So funny. She is definitely related to my neat-freak family.
- When I thanked her for sharing her dinner with me she replied, “Yeah, I nice.” Ha-ha, and modest too.

Here are some pictures from this week.

Lily happily riding Sandy after grocery shopping at Meijer on Tuesday:

Helping mama clean on Thursday. I don’t usually sweep the carpet but I’m open to new ideas:


Enjoying a pre-bedtime episode of Yo Gabba Gabba on Friday:

She was so sleepy but insisted on watching it until the end:

Lily enjoying a donut at the breakfast with Santa on Saturday. I couldn’t stop laughing watching her eat it with a fork:


Meghan and adorable Abygail:

Decorating for Christmas on Saturday evening. Lily was so excited when I opened the tote and she saw a tree inside:

Happily helping with the assembly:

Lily went to bed before the ornaments were up so she was very excited to see and play with them on Sunday morning:



Sleepy girl trying to stay awake long enough to eat before naptime:

No comments: