Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Houston Vacation: Last Day and the Long Trek Home (10/23/10)

Saturday was our day to hit the road. We spent the morning lazing around. Here’s my cutie looking at Lucy through the sliding glass door:


Taking her medicine like a good girl:

Lily and I chillin’ in our pajamas and sunglasses:

Lily trying on Jodi’s glasses:


Paul showing off his new baseball bat:


Mike, Paul, and Sandy:
We started getting ready to leave after Lily’s morning nap. She sat and played on the headboard while I packed:


Lily giving Grace a goodbye hug. She sure loved Grace:

Sweet Sandy:

Lily played outside with Maegan while we packed:



Jodi tried to get a picture of her with Michael and Maegan but she moves too fast:

Lily and daddy:

Hanging by the truck while we loaded up:

Lily loves her Aunt Jodi:

Giving Maegan a goodbye kiss:

Saying goodbye by our welcome sign. The week went by so fast:

Me, Paul, Lily, Mike, Jodi, Maegan, and Michael:
We hit the road around 5:30pm on Saturday and drove straight through again. This time I did most of the driving. We arrived home around 5pm on Sunday. My dad was at our house and had just finished mowing the lawn for us. That was so nice of him. My mom was jealous that Papi got to see Lily and not her. She was at the hospital with my grandma who is doing well after her partial hip replacement. I am really glad that we took Monday off work to recover from our vacation. I am also really glad that we are having an Indian summer right now because, despite it being 50 degrees out, I am freezing cold after spending a week in steamy Houston. After my dad left, I did a little unpacking and some laundry then we all crashed early. We had an awesome vacation but it is always nice to be back home and in my own bed.

No comments: