Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Lily's Ninth Week (4/27/09 - 5/3/09)



This was my final week home with Lily. My eight weeks of maternity leave and one week of vacation time flew by. I have surely treasured every minute of it and dread spending my days away from Lily when I return to work on Monday. There is no place that I would rather be than by her side. We spent most of the week cuddling and I perfected running errands with her. She is vocalizing a ton more and I just love our little conversations we have. She is such a smiler, too. Her smiles light up the room.
On Wednesday my Mom and Aunt Gloria came over. My Mom cleaned the house (what a huge help) and Gloria and I took Lily to the doctor. She developed a rash on her face of small flesh colored bumps about two weeks ago but starting this week they spread from one cheek to the other, to her ears, to her forehead, and began turning red. Plus she developed a rash in her neck folds. The doctor said that she seems to have eczema on her face so we got some Cortisone cream for that. The neck fold rash is a yeast infection which I guess is pretty common in skin folds on babies. We got some Nystatin powder for that. I also talked to the doctor about my concern that I have over discovering milk dripping out of her right nostril sometimes when she nurses lying flat on her right side. The doctor said that it is unusual and, although she could not see any defect in Lily's palate, she wanted to refer her to an Otolaryngologist just to be safe. She wanted the appointment within the week so we scheduled it for this coming Tuesday which is only my second day back to work. Oh well. Lily now weighs 12 lbs 4 oz.
On Thursday, I got 4 inches of hair cut off. I always said that I wouldn't get a "mom haircut" once I had kids but my hair was so long that Lily was always pulling on it or it was in her face when I tried to pick her up so I ended up wearing a ponytail every day. I figured a fashionable shorter haircut was better than unfashionably styled long hair. Of course, I didn't go super short due to the lasting trauma of the "Anthony" incident of second grade. I got a shoulder length bob which he razor cut a bunch of layers into and I love it. Lily stayed home with Paul and a bottle while I got my haircut and ran a couple errands. I ended up being away from Lily for 2.5 hours which is the longest I have been without her since she was born. I missed her just being apart for that short time so I don't think I am going to handle Monday very well!
Rachel didn't have school on Friday and there was a potluck lunch at work so I made some of Grandma Hernandez's famous arroz con pollo (rice with chicken) and Rachel, Lily, and I attended the PFT potluck. I have missed my coworkers so it will be nice to see them again on a daily basis when I start back to work but I will miss Lily so much.
Saturday was Lily's baptism which will be a separate blog entry. On Sunday, I prepared for going back to work and packed up things that we took to Kirsten's house later that evening. We took an extra playmat and swing for Lily to play with and I packed up a tote with toys, diapers, wipes, extra clothing, bottles, etc. for her to keep there. The majority of the day was spent holding my precious baby and trying to get my fill of her. I feel like I am somehow losing her by going back to work. I know that I am not and I know that a sitter doesn't replace Mommy. However, the majority of my waking hours will be spent away from her which totally sucks. Plus I will miss some of her milestones and those are precious things that you can't get back. I wish I could stay home but that isn't financially feasible for us. We need to win the lottery!
Here are some pictures from this week.

big yawn:

smiling in my monkey outfit with my rashy face:

asleep on my Boppy after nursing, as usual:

the cats are tired too:

good dream:

I like my ducky sleep sack:

looking cute on my 2 month birthday:

big giggles:

and a smile:

aren't I cute:

with Mommy on the morning of my baptism:

my family:

with Grandma Chris:

wearing an appropriate outfit:

seriously, I am way more interesting than the TV:

smiling at Mommy:


this was followed by the giant smile at the top of the blog!

1 comment:

Deborah Rysso said...

Lily looks so much like her Grandma Chris in the photo directly under that of her and Chris.

I can't believe all of the smiles!