Sunday, April 26, 2009

Lily's Eighth Week (4/20/09 - 4/26/09)

I can't believe that Lily is eight weeks old already! My how time flies. It has been so wonderful staying home with her. I luckily had enough time off accumulated that I was able to extend my time at home with her another week so I don't go back to work until May 4th. The thought of leaving her and returning to work just tears me apart but we decided to go with Paul's friend, Kirsten, for her childcare so I am at least feeling confident about her well-being while we are at work.
This week Lily and I spent a lot of quality time together smiling and talking. She is awake more often and happier than ever. With a few minor exceptions, her tummy issues seem to be a thing of the past which is wonderful. On Wednesday, my mom and Aunt Gloria came over. They totally spoiled Lily to the point that she cried every time I tried to set her down the next day. Thursday was my birthday and Lily gave me the greatest gift of all- sleep. She only got up once for a feeding between 11pm and 7am and fell asleep immediately after eating. Then we got to take a nap together from 9-11:30 as well. In fact, Thursday night through Saturday night she kept the same schedule of only waking up once for a feeding during those hours. What a blessing! I hope this continues when I return to work! Thursday evening my parents came over at 4pm so I could take a shower then we met Paul at Weber's for a lovely birthday dinner. Lily slept the whole time. Then we came home for presents and cake. Rachel made my cake all by herself with Paul supervising. What a wonderful birthday gift! My parents got me a great new digital camera which I used for all but the first photo on this post and Paul got me a lovely tigereye necklace pendant and a giant new pot for my cactus. It was a very good birthday.
On Friday night, we took Rachel for a sleepover at her friend Kassiana's house. She was home for about an hour on Saturday then went with her Aunt Debbie for a sleepover in Lansing so we barely saw her this weekend. We had a crazy storm right after she left on Saturday then ran errands and visited all the local nurseries looking at plants and dreaming of summer. On Sunday, Rachel arrived home early, Paul did some yardwork, then we went for a walk at Kensington MetroPark.
Here are some pictures from the week.



making a cute face:

my big girl:

the family posing with a quilt that Lily's Aunt Eileen made her:

Lily loves her swing:

singing over the cake that Rachel made:

Lily with Papi Tim:

the birthday evening exhausted Lily:

my beautiful baby asleep on Daddy:

Lily and Amber asleep in similar positions:

staring up at her Pooh mobile:


adorable pudgy Lily on her changing table:




my angel on a quilt made by my mom:


we wanted to photograph cousins Lily and Sophia together but Lily wouldn't wake up. At this angle they look similar in size but Sophia is actually much bigger as she is 3 months older than Lily:

Sophia finally got Lily to wake up:

Debbie and Sophia:

Me and Lily, who fell back asleep sitting up:

Rachel, Lily, Debbie, and Sophia:

it was so muggy on Saturday night that Lily was only happy when stripped down to her diaper:



my adorable little lady:


Lily demonstrates how she sucks her thumb (knuckle) and twirls what little hair she has, just like her Mommy used to do:

there's nothing more refreshing than a bath on a hot day:



I love her smiles:

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Beautiful pictures! Ron (Grandpa) and I very much enjoyed Lily's baptism and the lovely dinner afterwards. Rachel and Lily are delightful! We hope to see all of you again soon. Love, Mom (Grandma)