Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My First Official Mother's Day (5/10/09)

Sunday I got to have my first official Mother's Day. I have been a stepmother for 5 years but stepmotherhood involves all of the work and none of the glory so no one celebrates them. We went to the Davison Country Club and had brunch with my parents, my grandma, and my uncle as has been the tradition for as long as I can remember.

Here are some pictures I took of Lily earlier in the week for the present I made my mom:


After brunch at the country club, we went to my parents house for presents. My parents got me a really cool digital picture frame for all of my pictures of Lily with a 4G SD card. Sadly, I can probably fill that card already and Lily isn't even 3 months old yet. My grandmother got me some beautiful roses.
Lily with her Great-Grandma Marion and Grandma Chris:


Four generations- Great-Grandma Marion, Grandma Chris, Mom Kelly, and Baby Lily:

The ladies including Rachel (look how well all of our outfits match, totally coincidental):

Rachel, my mom, myself, and Lily:

my lovely family- Rachel, Lily, me, and Paul:

The collage I made my mom which reads "When a child is born, so are grandmothers":

Lily loves her Great-Grandma:

Some adorable pictures I took of Lily and one of my old teddy bears:






Lily smiling and cooing at Grandma Chris who was tickling her:


Lily changed out of her dress and into a nice warm outfit for the drive home:


It was a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Deborah Rysso said...

I cannot get over how much Lily smiles! What a happy baby. She reminds me a lot of Chris. Kelly's mom, not Heil! I like her dark pink dress; I would totally wear that.