Tuesday, July 19, 2011

2Y3W: Pee-Pee in the Potty! (3/14/11 - 3/20/11)

Spring is almost upon us. Finally! We have a lot less snow around the yard and it got warm enough (and light enough) that Lily could actually play outside for a little bit when we got home from work. She was very pleased because she loves to be outside.

Thursday was St. Patrick's Day and my farewell luncheon at the PFT lab. Since I left for my new job so quickly, it took a while to get it organized and find a date to have it on. Plus, the holiday seemed like a good time to celebrate. It was a 'Mexican Irish Fiesta' as a nod to the fact that I am an Irish Mexican. There was a lot of yummy food. I was very grateful to Lois and Mary for organizing the party for me.

Friday was a landmark day as Lily went pee-pee in the potty for the first time! I put her on the potty when we got up in the morning and she actually sat still for once. It didn't take her very long to go so I think I timed it perfectly. She was so proud of herself! I took pictures (which I won't post, ick) and we called Daddy and Grandma right away to share the good news.

On Saturday, we went to Tractor Supply Company to see the Easter chicks. Lily loved them so much last year that we had to go back multiple times and this year she was equally excited. We spent almost an hour looking at and petting the chicks. Good thing she didn't know they were for sale or she certainly would have been begging us to take some home.

Here are some pictures from this week.

Lily and daddy walking around the yard after work on Monday:

Lily loved the crunching sound her shoes made on the snow and the footprints she left behind:

Lily really wanted to try out her tricycle but her legs are just a little too short:


So, instead, she ran around the yard gathering sticks:


And drew in the snow with them:


A magic wand?:


She desperately wanted to jump off the big rock, with or without help. It's hard to tell in the pictures but the rock is almost taller than she is:




It was so much warmer on Wednesday that Lily got to run around outside without a coat and hat. She was thrilled! She had fun chasing Canada geese around the yard:


Lily loves this giant giraffe at Border's:


I didn't get any good pictures of Lily in her St. Patrick's Day shirt on Thursday so I had her pose in the outfit again after her bath on Friday morning:


I asked Lily to take out her binkie and show me her shirt so she stuck out her tummy as far as she could which caused this funny face. So silly:


Goofy girl:


Playing with her bees:








She wanted me to take a picture of daddy, baby, and mama quack-quack:


Reading her favorite book with daddy:






Heading in to see the baby chicks on Saturday:


Peeking at the chicks:


Look, mama:


Fascinated:


A teenage girl at the store was fast enough to catch the baby chicks and very kindly got the ones that Lily wanted and held them for her to pet. She was so thrilled:










Bye-bye cute baby chicks:

No comments: