Tuesday, July 5, 2011

1Y52W + 1 Day = My Baby is Almost 2! (2/21/11 - 2/28/11)

On Monday and Tuesday mornings, Lily was so sleepy that she never woke up when Paul took her to daycare. On Wednesday, however, she woke up when Paul had her almost to the door because she could hear Jack inside and she excitedly started yelling for him. In the meantime, Jack had hidden himself behind the couch and when she came in, he jumped out at her. She was so thrilled that Paul put her down and she instantly ran and jumped on the couch with Jack and they were both squealing like little piggies when Paul left. That was the first time that Lily didn’t want Tammy and instead wanted her friend. Usually she goes straight from our arms to Tammy’s arms for morning cuddle time.

It was a pretty snowy week so we didn’t do much. I sometimes feel guilty that I don’t accomplish much on my Fridays off but I like to think of it more as a mother-daughter fun day. Plus I am usually so exhausted from my long days on Monday-Thursday that I greatly enjoy sleeping in with my baby, playing together stress-free, and then taking a nice long nap when she naps.

After staying in the house all day on Saturday to clean, I was going a bit stir-crazy so we went to Weber’s for brunch on Sunday. I love their brunch! Lily was really into the bronze deer in the lobby and kept making us go with her to look at it and asking if she could ride it. That made Paul think of Cabela’s so we drove down there after brunch so that Lily could look at all of the animals. We noticed that she is already calling fish “fish” and not “shish” anymore which is good for her speech development but makes me sad since saying it the wrong way sounded so darn cute. She still remembered and properly identified the catfish from our Houston trip way back in October. Pretty impressive!

Lily had a rough night Sunday night and was pretty stuffed up. I hope that she is not getting sick for her birthday! Since I took Lily’s birthday off so we could have a special day together (our tradition), I made Dora cupcakes and brought them in to daycare on Monday for the kids.

This week Lily has been using her binkie a lot less. She doesn’t use it much at all during the day and only seems to use it when she is tired, asleep, or in the car. Perhaps she is beginning to wean herself off of it. That would be nice.

Here are some pictures from this week.

Lily made a bed for herself and her “hee-haws” on Tuesday evening:



Lily and I playing with party favors. Reiley couldn’t master the skill but wanted to be in the picture anyway:


Silly little girl sitting in her drum and snuggling a Pooh bear:


Reiley sleeping on one of Rachel’s old American Girl doll beds in the basement:


Lily playing with Rachel’s old chalkboard:


I don’t know what this serious look is all about:


My cutie watching daddy out the window:






Those pictures totally remind me of these ones taken a year and two weeks ago. I absolutely love these! Look how much my little girl has changed over the past year:






With a much more mischievous grin than in the previous picture, my silly little girl played with the winter bird decorations that I brought in from outside to put away:








The birds are taking a nap:


Back to hugging and playing with them:






Lily loved watching the fish swim around at Cabela’s:












Looking at what she calls “polar bear mountain”:


Happily clapping at the animals:

No comments: