Wednesday, July 13, 2011

2Y1W: More Presents, Please (3/2/11 - 3/6/11)

Note: Even though Lily will officially be two years and one week old on Tuesday, March 8th, she was born on a Sunday so I have always done the blog as a Monday-Sunday weekly format. Plus it’s just easier to start the post with the work week and end with the weekend so I will continue that format despite the fact that it is slightly off and therefore, makes this post less than a week long.

Lily returned to daycare on Tuesday and told everyone it was her birthday. When she got home, she asked for more presents. I tried to explain to her that her birthday was a one-day affair and that she would only get presents that day but then I realized that she would be further confused by the fact that we would be having her birthday party on Saturday with more presents, cake, and celebrating. I wasn’t sure what to do so I was a good mom and changed the subject.

The rest of the week was spent preparing for her birthday party. I am so glad that we did not have it at home because we have so many unfinished projects around the house and it made my life so much easier not to have to spend forever cooking and cleaning. Lily’s party was on Saturday which will be a separate post. We spent a lazy Sunday snowed in while Lily played with her new toys. We didn’t even change out of our pajamas all day. It was wonderful!

Here are some pictures from this week. I only have three since this post really only covers four days, three of which were busy prepping for Lily’s birthday party. The party pictures will be on the next post.

Lily and I chilling and watching TV on Friday. My silly girl didn’t mind wearing shoes but insisted on taking her shirt off. I love how the couch made her hair look like the twist on the top of a Dairy Queen ice cream cone:

On Sunday, Lily put two pillows together and made me lay down with her and her new Pooh blanket. So sweet:

Playing with her new toys on the windowsill:

No comments: