Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Video Day (5/2/10)

Paul was really into videotaping Lily when he was on “daddy duty” this weekend. In addition to the two videos I posted yesterday, he took countless others last night and this morning. Here are some of my favorites. As previously mentioned, Paul was the one who dressed Lily in these mismatched pajamas. The top is actually part of an outfit that he insisted we buy from Costco even though it was clearly a boys’ outfit based on its color, the dinosaur on it, and the fact that it came with camo shorts. I relented because Lily did seem to really like the dinosaur and bird on the shirt. However, this morning Lily decided that she couldn’t stand the shirt a second longer and got really angry at it. Perhaps she realized that she was a girl in boys’ clothing or perhaps she looked down and realized how uncoordinated her outfit was. In this first video you can see her getting really mad at her shirt. Paul helped her take it off then in the second video you can see her giving the shirt a piece of her mind.

After that, Lily was in a wacky mood, running all over the place and playing with every toy at once. Then she plopped down in her chair for some crazy rocking.

I got home shortly after that video was taken and redressed Lily in some matching clothes. After my post-midnight shift nap, my mom demonstrated for me how Lily started to dance along with her Singing and Dancing Blue from Blue's Clues. Lily didn’t want to stand up for the first video but her seated dancing is quite cute. I missed the very beginning of her dancing in the second video but I love how she continues to “swing (her) arms side to side” like Blue.

No comments: