Sunday, May 9, 2010

Lily: 1 Year and 8 Weeks (4/19/10 – 4/25/10)

Lily got up early on Monday morning and had time to get dressed, eat breakfast, and even watch some cartoons before leaving for daycare. She was super happy all morning and during the car ride but once we got inside Tammy’s house, she realized that I would be leaving and her mood quickly changed. She started wailing and clinging to me so hard that Tammy had to peel her off of me so that I could go. I felt horrible but Tammy reassured me that she always stops crying soon after I leave. My parents called while I was at work to see what we were doing that evening and if they could stop over. They had a gift for Lily and also told me that they would bring us their leftovers for dinner. Yay, no cooking for me! The present was an adorable Cozy Coupe car that Lily can ride in and we can push. It also has a removable floor board so Lily can push it around herself via Flintstone foot-action once she is older. Apparently it came with its own instructional DVD on how to assemble it and took my dad about 45 minutes to put together. How complicated! Lily loved it and especially enjoyed when Paul released her from the top of the driveway and let her ride super fast to the bottom where my mom, my dad, or myself stopped the car. She found that delightful and we got a ton of pictures. She played with it outside every day when we got home. She likes to open the door and climb in and out over and over as well as push the car around the yard by herself. She is such a goof.

After my normal shift in the PFT lab on Wednesday, I went right into working an afternoon shift at the ABG lab so I didn’t get out of work until midnight. I then had to hurry home and catch some shut-eye before getting up at 6am for work yet again the next day. I used to work overtime doubles all the time before I had Lily but now I find them exhausting. Especially since she still isn’t sleeping through the night and woke up multiple times to nurse once I got home which meant that I got very little sleep. I only signed up for one double shift because I knew that would be a problem plus I missed hanging out with her that evening. It made me sad to have so little time together, even if just for one day.

We went to Costco after work on Thursday to pick up my birthday present from Paul, a glider bench for the patio. Lily was hilarious and wanted to push the flatbed cart around the store. She could actually move the thing all on her own, even with the heavy bench on it! She is such a strong girl. She insisted on helping to push the cart the entire time we were there and cried when I picked her up to carry her across the parking lot to the truck. Apparently she was mad that we no longer wanted her help.

Friday was my 34th birthday. It’s sad how little I get excited about my birthdays anymore. However, they are a good excuse to get together with family which I always enjoy. My parents and my grandma met us for dinner at the Olive Garden. Lily did really well all throughout dinner. She ate a ton and even colored for the first time. The coloring came to an end when she attempted to eat her crayons. My silly girl still always has to put everything in her mouth. After dinner, we went back to our house for presents and cake. Lily got really shy when everyone sang ‘Happy Birthday’. It was very cute. My mom made a delicious pineapple upside down cake which we all enjoyed. Lily especially loved the ice cream and enjoyed attempting to feed it to herself with her own spoon. She made quite a mess! It was a very nice evening.

It was a super rainy weekend. Paul worked outside all day Saturday but it was not at all pleasant. He picked up some trees that he had ordered from the county and planted some of them. He also put together the glider that he got me for my birthday. I worked in the ABG lab during the day shift on Sunday. Paul and Lily spent the day cooped up in the house hanging out together. Poor Lily was very sad that she couldn’t play outside at all this weekend.

Here are some pictures from this week.

Lily flying down the driveway in her new Cozy Coupe on Monday:

Happy girl at the bottom of the driveway on multiple runs:





Lily smiling in her car in the yard:



Lily's new lunch bag arrived on Monday. I love it:

After putting on a sweater, we headed back out to play again on Monday evening. Lily enjoyed pushing her car up and down the street:
With a little help, she pushed it all the way to the back yard:

Playing with her bubble machine:







Lily found a stick (of course) and headed down her favorite garden path:


Dusk fell, so we finally headed back in. Lily wanted to push her new car again:

Watching TV in her Horton onesie on Tuesday:

Lily learned how to get in and out of the car by herself on Thursday:

Playing with her new hockey stick and balls:




Lily always tries to climb up the slide. It never works:

Playing soccer with mommy:

There are always fun things to discover in the lawn:

Like the hose:

And a leaf:
My little angel with the sun in her hair:


She couldn't resist tasting the leaf:

Wandering off:

Lily climbing on my birthday present on Friday:

For me? You shouldn't have:

Lily hugging my present:

Lily showing papi, grandma, and great-grandma that she can be gentle with Reiley:
She then showed off her car:

My happy little girl acting shy while everyone sang 'Happy Birthday' to me:


Blowing out my candles:

Yep, I'm 34 now:

Lily enjoyed feeding herself ice cream:

My mom ran her fingers through Lily's hair and caused quite a disturbance but she looked so cute that no one wanted to fix it:

My happy girl getting messier and messier with her ice cream:







Lily discovered all of the treasures in the kitchen cupboards this weekend. Here she is playing with the colanders on Saturday:

Sweet girl:

Petting Reiley:

Lily loves her kitties:

No comments: