Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Lily: 1 Year and 25 Weeks (8/16/10 - 8/22/10)

After talking up Lily’s new and improved sleep routine last week, she was a horrible sleeper this week. She went down okay but woke up crying for at least five minutes every hour on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. We were able to keep her in her crib for most of the night but it was brutal. I gave in and nursed her once in the night on Tuesday and Wednesday but stuck to my guns on the other nights. The rest of the week was better but she still woke up more frequently than her usual two times per night. The week wore us all out so by Friday night, both Paul and Lily were in bed shortly after 8pm. I should’ve gone to bed too but instead I enjoying having some time (and the television) to myself and caught up on some of my shows on the DVR.

On Saturday, we went to Pat and Auriel’s housewarming party. It rained earlier in the day but thankfully cleared up for the party. We got to see Paul’s old friend and my former co-worker, Chris at the party so that was nice. He lives in the U.P. now. Paul saw him about a year ago but I haven’t seen him since I was pregnant with Lily. We had a good visit with him and a fun time at the party. The rain had left a huge puddle in the middle of the cul-de-sac in front of their house. My mom taught Lily how to splash in puddles and she loves them now. She cries “puda, puda” when she sees one and I knew it was only a matter of time before she spotted theirs. She quickly did so Paul took her out and let her splash in it later that evening but he didn’t hold her hand and let her get carried away so she ended up falling down and getting her pants soaked. She didn’t seem to mind, though, and just kept on splashing. She was sad that I made her stop when it started getting dark out. Luckily, I brought a change of clothes for her because she was drenched and very cold. Silly girl! Lily took an instant liking to Pat’s friend, Eve. She even let Eve carry her off away from us to play which is very rare. Eve was tickled. It is so funny that Lily can take an immediate liking to some people that she’s never met yet take forever to warm up to others that she’s seen a million times.

Lily slept through the night on Saturday night until 4:45 on Sunday morning. Even then I just gave her back her binkie and she fell right back to sleep until 7am. Yay! That afternoon, we went to the Howell Melon Festival. It was a nice day. We mostly just walked around. Lily was too young for all of the rides but did like the Howell Nature Center animal bus. We found our new favorite toy store downtown called Razzmatazz Toys. It is awesome. Lily loved playing with everything in there so I got some good ideas for Christmas presents. I bought her a Yookidoo Flow ‘N’ Fill Spout toy which is a cute play faucet that suction cups to the tub wall and has a pump in it that re-circulates the bath water through its spout. It comes with all these different cups that do different things with the water. One floats, one doesn’t, one has a propeller on it that spins when you run water through it, and one has holes that spray the water out in a neat pattern when you run the water through it. I think it will be great entertainment for Lily who loves cups and running water. Being the “green” person that I am, I always feel guilty running the tub faucet for her to play in but she gets so upset when I shut it off. This is a great alternative. We didn’t have time to play with it on Sunday night but look forward to her trying it out next week.

Here are some pictures from this week.

I don’t know who’s having more fun with my old Fisher Price farm animals- Paul or Lily:

Lily giving her penguin a kiss:

Holy giant garden vegetables! Cat with an attitude included for perspective:

Lily splashing around in a puddle outside of the Roof’s house on Saturday. Her pants and feet were soaked but she was still having a ton of fun:




After getting changed into dry clothes, Lily played on a beach chair. She didn’t want to color, just play with the crayons:

Lily and daddy watching street performers at the Howell Melon Festival on Sunday:

Checking out the train at the Howell Depot Museum:

Lily loved to wander around downtown on daddy’s shoulders:


Making her elephant noises at me while waiting for lunch at Mr. B's Rustic Tavern:

Lily and I by some pretty flowers and a fountain. When we finally got Lily to stop staring at the fountain to take the picture, she made a funny face. Oh well:

Looking at a praying mantis with daddy:

A very sweaty pair of girls watching TV while dinner cooked:

No comments: