Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lily: 1 Year and 20 Weeks (7/12/10 - 7/18/10)

Lily didn’t do well at daycare drop-offs all week. She was very teary and clingy. On Monday, she started crying as soon as I pulled into the driveway and when I was finally able to get her out of my arms and hand her over to Tammy, I could hear her sobbing all the way back to the car. It was heartbreaking. Tammy had to peel her off of me all week but said that she did okay once I left. As I mentioned last week, she tends to have difficulty transitioning back to daycare after long absences. She had a really hard time returning to Kirsten’s after our Higgins Lake vacation last year but she did just fine Thursday and Friday of last week so I thought that we were in the clear this year. Apparently not. I always feel so guilty for leaving her when separation anxiety rears its ugly head.

On Thursday night, I had girls' night out with my co-workers and friends, Cate, Meghan, Karen, Julie, Mary, and Kim. They are such a fun group to hang out with. We all went out to the bar together for dinner and drinks and were out pretty late chatting and laughing. I don't think the bartender knew what to make of us. We went out for ice cream after leaving the bar so I got home long after Lily went to bed. I missed seeing her that night and always feel guilty when we are apart but I definitely needed some "me time".

The good news is that Lily is completely over her ear infection. She took the last dose of her hated medication on Friday and her last dose of Amoxicillin on Saturday. A storm knocked the power out at daycare on Thursday night. They continued to be without power until Saturday morning. Tammy called and warned us but said that they were still open so we sent Lily there on Friday anyway. She didn’t mind or notice at all. As long as she can play, she’s happy.

Saturday was a somewhat busy day. Lily and my friend Meghan’s daughter Abygail are a year apart in age and both have the same green dress. Meghan and I thought it would be cute to take their picture together in their matching dresses. Since Meghan and Abygail were coming up to Brighton on Saturday to get Abygail’s pictures taken at Portrait Innovations, we decided to just have them take the picture. Unfortunately, the photo session was scheduled right when Lily usually goes down for her morning nap so she was tired, cranky, and not at all cooperative. We tried to get the two of them together but Lily would cry unless I was holding her. We had no choice but to take the picture with me in it so Meghan jumped in as well. Meghan was dressed for getting photos with Abygail but I was not looking my best. Miraculously, I was wearing a black shirt which matched Meghan’s black dress so the whole thing looked quite planned. Lily still didn’t smile and Abygail kept looking away and trying to eat her dress so we didn’t get a great picture. I was disappointed but what can you do? We tried again at the end of the session and I had Paul join us at that point hoping that if I left the studio, she would cooperate and smile for him but then both girls started crying so we gave up. We drove around and let Lily sleep in the car while Meghan finished her photo session and did some shopping then we joined Meghan, Abygail, and Katelyn for lunch at Panera. Afterward, we introduced them to the joys of Costco shopping.

The stupid deer have been snacking on everything in our garden this week. They ate all my zucchini, all the peas, many of the beans, and some of the tomato plants. We really need to get the fence around the garden finished before we have nothing left! Paul was too busy with other tasks around the yard to get to it this week but next week it is his top priority.

Lily is consistently saying “bu-bye” and waving whenever we leave people or places. It doesn’t even matter if she knows the people she is saying goodbye to. My favorite is when we pull out of the driveway in the morning to go to daycare and work and she says “bu-bye” and waves to our house. It is so cute. She also waves and says “bu-bye” to semis as we pass them on the highway. What a polite little girl she is!

Here are some pictures from this week.

Real girls play with trucks:



Amber:
Happy Lily:

Lily loves stacking:
Getting out her pond book:

This book looks wrong somehow:
That's better:
Lily taking a car ride around the kitchen:

Even out of focus, she is super cute:

Playing in the sunbeam:
Girls' night out with the best co-workers and friends ever- me, Cate, Mary, Julie, Meghan, Kim, and Karen:
Goofy Meghan, me, Cate, and Julie bellied up to the bar:
Eating watermelon is a messy job but it's one of Lily's favorite foods:

Yummy:


Lily loves to put things on her feet. Especially her stackers:
And mommy's shoes:

Lily has big shoes to fill:
The only half-way decent picture of Abygail and Lily in their matching dresses plus Meghan and I at Lily's insistence:

On a hot day, babies like nothing better than to hang out wearing only a diaper. Or in the case of a shoe-hound like Lily, a diaper and sandals:

Still wearing only a diaper on Sunday morning, Lily decided that the best surface to play on was Reiley's back. He was less than pleased:

Playing on Reiley again:

And again:


Clearly Reiley didn't mind too much or he would have gotten up and left:

Happy girl sitting in her chair with two of her Wheel Pals:
Pushing the penguin around on her car:

Lily eating dinner at Red Robin:
She wasn't very interested in coloring but sure liked the crayons:

Reiley desperately trying to get a frog through the screen, his favorite night-time activity:

No comments: