Monday, September 20, 2010

Lily: 1 Year and 23 Weeks (8/2/10 - 8/8/10)

This was another short work week for me. I didn’t even bother unpacking our bags from Indianapolis. I just did the laundry and packed everything back up because we left on Thursday night to head up to Lovells to spend a long weekend visiting with Eileen at Paul’s parents’ house. We took off fairly late which was fine because Lily slept through most of the drive. We got there around 11:30pm. Lily enjoyed spending time with Eileen whom she’d taken an instant liking to last week. Debbie and Sophia joined us on Saturday. Sophia and Lily enjoyed playing together outside in the pool. Now that they are a little older, they interact with each other more. Sophia is a little nudist when she is outdoors and Lily decided that she wanted to be as well. They looked so funny running around naked together. We didn’t do much all weekend except sit around, visit, and nap. It was great. I was glad that Lily was again a fairly good sleeper away from home. We really enjoyed our time with everyone and were sad to have to head back home on Sunday afternoon.

Being apart from Paul for five days last week caused Lily to be a ‘daddy’s girl’ this week which I am totally not used to and not sure I like very much. She then developed a weird sort of separation anxiety where she wants both of us around her at all times. If Paul’s with her but not me, she says, “mama, mama,” over and over and if I’m with her but not Paul, she says, “dada, dada,” over and over.

The most exciting part of this week is that Lily has suddenly learned a ton of new words. It’s been a virtual word explosion! I can hardly keep track of them all. I made a list and will try to get her to say them on video soon.

Here are some pictures from this week.

Lily loves to eat banana peppers:

Lily wanted to help me clean on Wednesday:

When cleaning, so many people overlook the important task of dusting their pets:

Lily discovered last week that she loves McDonald’s cheeseburgers and fries so we got her a Happy Meal on the way to Lovells on Thursday evening. She happily devoured her burger:



Eating daintily:

And not so daintily:

Sweet Lily always shares her food with her stuffed animals, even her bee pillow:

Lily happily playing with her Aunt Eileen on Friday:


Bringing me the Glow Worm:

Being in a daycare with boys, Lily loves trucks and dinosaurs so she took an instant liking to this stuffed animal that belonged to Jack:


Goofing around with her shoes on Saturday morning:

I don’t know what’s more interesting- my banana…:

…Or my truck:

Playing with Grandpa Ron:

Reading with Grandma Maureen:

When Debbie and Sophia arrived on Saturday, Sophia was snoozing in the car so she came in and finished her nap on Grandma’s lap:

The girls started playing together after Sophia woke up. They both like to play with their Grandpa Ron:

My sweet girl playing house:

Sophia and Lily both love to play outside:

Lily is a water baby while Sophia prefers the sandbox:





Lily doing her ‘Superman arms’ which is usually accompanied by running:

My happy girl:

Ron took Sophia for a wagon ride:

Then the girls played together in the pool:


Grandpa Ron helping Lily:

It was a beautiful day. Paul took some pictures of flowers and butterflies around the yard:






Lily hanging out with Grandma Maureen on the porch steps:

I have no idea what they were looking at but they looked cute together:

Lily happily eating some very messy watermelon before bed:

Sophia and Grandma getting ready for bed:

Lily playing with Eileen on Sunday:

I am told that we have the same profile:


Goofy girl flopped over giggling when she realized I was taking pictures of her:

No comments: