Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lily’s First Haircut (6/14/10)

Lily’s hair still isn’t very long or thick and she was nowhere near needing a full haircut but her bangs were driving me crazy. I wanted to grow out her hair and not have bangs but the hair in front kept coming forward into her eyes no matter how much I brushed it back. It just ended up looking scraggly and unkempt. I tried to pin it back with barrettes but she hates wearing barrettes and would just pull them out immediately after I put them in. It’s too bad because I’ve bought her a ton of really cute ones. So I finally decided that she needed to get her bangs trimmed. I took her to Great Clips in Brighton where Paul gets his hair cut as he desperately needed a trim as well. The girls there all know Lily and look forward to seeing her when Paul gets his hair cut.

Here is her haircut in action.

Lily sat on my lap for her haircut and did well when the hairdresser, Jennifer, put the apron around her:


Lily still did okay when the hairdresser brushed her hair. Jennifer was amazed that hair as short as Lily's would be tangled but I assured her that it happens all the time:
Lily did fine as the tangles got brushed out but instantly broke out into tears once Jennifer started wetting down her hair. Lily hates getting her hair washed. No, I am not choking her, just trying to keep her head still:

She looked so cute getting her hair cut despite the tears that I couldn’t help but laugh:

I had the hairdresser trim her bangs and a few random long hairs in the back but I wanted to keep the little wings over her ears as I love it when they get wavy:

After the haircut was over, Lily quickly turned happy when I gave her a sucker. She absolutely loved it. She then started running around the place, flirting with everyone as Paul got his hair cut.
Here, mommy, take my binkie so that I can eat my sucker:

Yummy:

I love her neatly trimmed bangs:

Her fingers, her shirt, and my pants were super sticky by the time she finished the sucker:


I think her haircut looks great. Her bangs are adorable and the small amount of trimming that she had done around the back makes all of her hair look a lot fuller. It was nice because they gave me a lock of her hair in a cute 'Baby's First Haircut' card labeled with her name, age, date, and location.

No comments: