Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Happy Fathers’ Day (6/20/10)

Father’s Day is always a joyful day for me because it was two years ago on Father’s Day that I found out I was pregnant with Lily. I ran to the store and bought more pregnancy tests to confirm the miracle and an “I Love Grandpa” bib to give to my dad to announce the news. I recall that he was confused, thinking I was giving him a bib because he’s a messy eater until he actually read what it said then there was much rejoicing.

Paul spent the morning of Father’s Day gardening, always a favorite activity of his, then we got ready and headed up to Davison. We first stopped at my grandmother’s house to take pictures of Lily in her garden as featured in the previous post. We then went to my parents’ house to hang out and have dinner.
Here’s Lily playing in my old rocking chair. She absolutely loves to rock:

My mom got Lily a new peek-a-boo book which captivated her attention. I think their profiles are quite similar:

Lily likes to be the one to turn the pages when you read her a book:

She really liked the book:

My dad is an avid golfer so my parents got Lily this cute toy golf set:

Mind if I play on through?:

Onto the next hole:

I'm not sure which club to use so I'll just use both:

Chewing on a club and contemplating her next shot:

Lily loved to practice taking the clubs out and putting them back in:




My grandmother came over and we all had a delicious dinner of hamburgers and cheesy potatoes at Paul’s request. My mom also prepared corn on the cob. We took some corn off the cob for Lily but she wanted to eat it just like we were. It was hilarious to watch:




Present time! Here is Paul with his gifts. Note his very manly baby animal gift bag. It was the only thing I could find that would fit his giant new tackle box:

My dad opening one of his gifts:

Lily loves to bounce around on her pack-n-play mattress so my mom got it out for her. Here she is in a rare moment actually lying still on it:

Getting tired:

Lily perked back up for dessert time. She loved the strawberry pie and ice cream:


We had a very enjoyable Father’s Day and it was very nice to be able to sit around and relax after such a hectic day yesterday.

No comments: