Thursday, June 3, 2010

Mother’s Day (5/9/10)

Here is a poem titled ‘Mothers and Daughter’ that I found online to go with these pictures of four generations of LaVictoire women.

You can see it in their eyes,
in tender hugs and long good-byes,
a love that only moms and daughters know.

You can see it in their smiles,
through passing years and changing styles,
a friendship that continually seems to grow.

You can see it in their lives,
the joy each one of them derives,
in just knowing that the other one is there...

To care and to understand,
lend an ear or hold a hand,
and to celebrate the memories they share.

- Author Unknown





My grandmother continues to amaze me with her strength and spirit. And I am eternally grateful to my mother for giving me roots and wings. I strive to be as good of a mom to Lily as she is to me. Lily got me a mother’s day card this year but I feel like I should have gotten her a card as well as I couldn’t be a mom without her! Here is what it would have said:

To the wonderful little girl that made me a mother,
I never knew love until I held you in my arms. As a little baby, I used to stare at you constantly wondering how I got so lucky to have you as my daughter. Now that you are a toddler, it is fascinating for me to watch you become your own little person. And what a beautiful person you are becoming, both inside and out. You are adorably cute with the sweetest disposition. Your smile and laugh melt my heart. You are a true blessing to me and I thank God daily that I get to be your mom.
All my love,
Mommy

No comments: