Monday, June 14, 2010

Memorial Day (5/31/10)

We got up early on Memorial Day to drive up to Davison for the parade. It was the third day in a row that we had driven to Davison to see my parents. I am surprised that they weren’t sick of seeing us! Lily got a very short morning nap in the car on the way there. While we waited with my mom for the parade to start, Lily kicked her Dora ball around in front of the library.
Here she is playing with her ball:








My dad didn’t march in the parade due to his recent surgery but he did stand in attendance during the speech with his fellow American Legion members. Lily really liked the parade and didn’t get scared or cry when the firing squad did their salute at the end.
Here is Lily watching the parade:

Playing with my sunglasses during the speeches:

Waiting for Papi after the event:

She decided to sit on her ball. I thought she would fall off of it but she didn't:

Flashback- Lily with Papi Tim after the Davison Memorial Day parade last year. What a difference a year makes:

After the parade, we headed over to the VFW hall for a hot dog lunch. Lily ate an entire hot dog which she really seemed to like even though she refused one two days ago. She then ran around the hall like a crazy little monkey which is frequently what she does when she is tired. It’s like she thinks that if she stops running, she may fall asleep so she tries desperately to stay in motion. She was clearly tired but refused to go down for a nap when we got back to my parents’ house. We had the same issues as Sunday except this time, she never ended up going down for a nap. There were lots of tears and protests so I finally gave up after over an hour. Meanwhile, my mom cleaned out Paul’s truck while my dad and Paul installed Lily’s new convertible carseat for the truck. We got it at the same time as the one for my car but again, never had the time to install it. The one for my car is a cheap but highly safety rated Cosco Scenera that I bought. The one for Paul’s truck is the super safety rated, super cushy Cadillac of compact convertible carseats, the Britax Roundabout 50 that my parents bought Lily for her birthday. I had them install this carseat facing forward as well. We had hamburgers for dinner then Lily played hard while we visited. She was quite entertaining.
Here she is running around with her new sandbox shovel in her mouth:


Lily seemed to enjoy her new carseat in the truck on the drive home. This one sits pretty high which works out great in the truck because it allows her to see out the front window. She enjoyed her view for all of 5 minutes before she completely crashed out and slept the rest of the way home.

No comments: