Thursday, June 17, 2010

Lily: 1 Year and 14 Weeks (5/31/10 - 6/6/10)

Monday was Memorial Day which I blogged about on a previous post. Lily slept horribly on Monday night and was up crying for hours. It was the worst night we’ve had with her since she got over her colic. Lily turned 15 months old on Tuesday but we could hardly enjoy the landmark because we were so exhausted from the previous night. I had to take a little nap after work to sleep off my migraine triggered by the previous night.

Wednesday was girls’ night out for me which I desperately needed. I worked at the Brighton Health Center then went straight to Carlyle Grill in Ann Arbor for dinner and drinks with Julie, Meghan, Kim, Cate, and Kaitlyn. We then went to the movies to see Sex and the City 2. We had a lot of drinks (me especially) and a lot of fun. However, by the time I got home, Lily was already asleep so I missed hanging out with her. We only got a few minutes together in the morning before she left with Paul and that’s it. I know it was just for one night but I felt guilty for leaving her and for missing out on our quality evening time together. That was the first night that Paul did Lily’s bedtime routine with her and put her to sleep in her crib. Thankfully, they both did okay with it.

I had Friday morning off work to take Lily to her 15 month well-child visit with her pediatrician. I took advantage of the extra time I had in the morning before her appointment to use a $10 off early bird coupon I had for an oil change. My little girl is tall. She measured 31.81 inches in length which is in the 87th percentile for height. Unfortunately, she is getting too skinny. She only weighed 21.58 pounds which is in the 30th percentile for weight. She gained a mere 0.31 pounds in the three months since her last visit which, factoring in her height, dropped her BMI from 16.2 to 15. I can’t believe this is the same little girl who was in the 81st percentile and as chubby as the Michelin Man at 6 months. Her doctor still isn’t concerned about her weight because she eats well and eats a variety of foods. She is just so active that her metabolism is through the roof. However, I am concerned so now I am on ‘Operation Fat Baby’. She is still ahead of the curve on her gross and fine motor skills as well as her communication skills. I had delayed her MMR and Varicella vaccinations until this visit so she finally got those. Hopefully, I will not regret having her get them as the MMR is so controversial. On the way home from Lily’s doctor appointment, we stopped at Rachel’s old school to drop off some very overdue library books that we found in her room and pick up her yearbook. The appointment and detour on our way home took a lot longer than I planned so my parents had been at our house for quite a while by the time we arrived back home. I had them come and watch Lily after her doctor appointment instead of sending her to daycare because I didn’t know if she would get a fever or have any kind of adverse reaction to her immunizations. Thankfully, she did not and instead had a fun afternoon with my parents. They drove me back to work so they could have my car with the carseat. It was a good thing because some daytime lane closures made the trip back to work take forever. I would have been seriously late if I would’ve had to park in my normal lot and take the shuttle bus in. As it was, I just made it running in after they dropped me off at the door. After work, we all had a nice dinner together then my dad took some measurements in preparation of building a sandbox for Lily.

Our weekend was less than exciting. Paul worked on his outdoor gardening projects while Lily and I played and cleaned the house. Saturday was hot but Sunday was cool and rainy. Now that Lily’s hair is finally getting longer, it tends to get wavy in the humidity. I love it.

Lily continues to go to sleep in her crib without fuss but is still unable to settle down unless I am in the room with her. Otherwise, she gets hysterical then takes forever to calm down and even longer to fall asleep after the whole ordeal. She has been getting up twice in the night again which I am not too excited about. A few nights she was up between 1-3am and would not go back to sleep. Paul finally had to take her downstairs and feed her and watch TV with her because she would not settle down otherwise. Ugh! I was hopeful last week that she was getting closer to sleeping through the night but now she is worse than ever. Someday she’ll be a good sleeper. Right!?!?!

Here are some pictures from this week.

Lily hanging out on the patio with her favorite metal turtle on Wednesday evening:

Chillin' in her chair and seriously contemplating life:

My little cutie posing with a cup and our peonies:

For those about to sleep, we salute you:

A turtle laying eggs just off our patio on Saturday afternoon:

Paul taking a mid-afternoon snooze in his goofy straw hat after a long day of working in the yard:

My happy little girl loves her bubble machine:






A quick break to point out an “apay” (airplane) in the sky:

Back to bubbly fun:






Hamming it up with daddy’s straw hat:


My little goofball:




Yes, her mommy sure does love her:

Amber, Reiley, and Nolan hanging out together at the patio door on Sunday morning:


They are staring intently at a chipmunk on the patio:

Lily looking mischievous:

Seconds later, she flopped over and started giggling hysterically:


I don’t know what this look’s all about but I love how the humidity makes her hair wavy:

Closely examining her blender:

Lily with a baby snake that Paul found in the yard:


Paul showing her a bigger snake that he found a short while later:

He seems way more into the snake than she does:

No comments: