Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hoppy Easter! (4/4/10)

Okay, so these first pictures were taken on Saturday evening but they are Easter related so I am posting them here. I made Lily a little tail and used some bunny track stickers that I bought last year to set the stage for these photos of our little Easter bunny:



We had a hard time keeping the ears on Lily. She wanted to take them off and chew on them:


Running bunny (my favorite):

What!?:

Playing with her ears again:


Then Lily decided to stop and chew on her basket:


Wrong way, bunny! (Unless your feet are on backwards):

We got up at 6am on Easter morning to get everyone cleaned up, looking good, and out the door by 8am so that we could meet my parents at their house before heading off to 10am Easter mass. We got to their house early enough that my dad could make me some breakfast since I forgot to eat during our morning rush. I then dressed Lily in her beautiful Easter dress (a birthday gift from Bob and Bobbie) and took a few pictures of my Easter Lily before heading off to church:



I bought Lily this adorable chick barrette online but she refused to keep it in her hair:




Amazingly, Lily stayed awake all through mass but was thankfully very well-behaved. When we got back to my parents’ house, Paul hid the eggs for Rachel’s Easter egg hunt while my parents gave Lily her Easter present- a cool wagon:

The wagon even has a seatbelt which is a good thing because Lily kept leaning over the edge of the wagon to look at the ground. The seats fold down to make one big flat surface and it even has cup holders! Here are Paul and my mom trying to figure out how the seatbelt worked. All I could think of was light bulb jokes while they worked on it for what seemed like several minutes:

My mom and Lily on her first wagon ride:


It was quite warm out and the north side of the house was protected from the breeze so I got Lily back into her bunny outfit for more pictures while Rachel hunted for eggs. Unfortunately, the bunny tracks kept curling up since they didn’t stick well to the grass and the sun washed them out so much that you can’t really tell what they are. If I knew how to use my Photoshop, I would edit them out. However, Lily looked as adorable as ever and loved playing with the plastic eggs which she quickly figured out how to open:












Lily was having great fun playing but she desperately needed a nap as she had already missed her morning nap and our Easter dinner was scheduled during her afternoon nap so I tried my hardest to put her down to sleep. She was tired but fought it like a champ. She kept fussing and thrashing to wake herself back up every time she dozed off. She finally fell asleep shortly before everyone arrived (of course) and slept through dinner (of course). I had my parents set up the pack and play in their room but Lily ended up falling asleep on their bed. I didn’t bother moving her to the pack and play because dinner was being served in the basement and my parents don’t have a baby monitor so someone had to stay with her nonetheless. Paul stayed upstairs with Lily and let me eat Easter dinner with my family. After my mom was done eating, she went upstairs to relieve Paul but Lily ended up waking when she came in the room so Paul brought Lily downstairs with him. Poor Lily did not wake up feeling well at all. She still acted sleepy and kept crying and clinging to me. She didn’t want to eat anything and suddenly had a runny nose and some really disgusting sneezes. She also felt like she was burning up even though she was only wearing a diaper cover so I took her upstairs away from all of the people and noise and gave her some Tylenol. I didn’t have a thermometer with me so I couldn’t check to see if she had a fever but it sure felt like it. I tried to lay her back down since her nap was so short but that just caused her to cry harder. It took her a while to perk up but she finally started feeling good enough to smile and play once the Tylenol kicked in. However, she still didn’t want to eat anything and her nose continued to run like a faucet. Meanwhile, we had an enjoyable visit with Robin, Lee, Todd, Ashlee, Jeremy, my parents, and my grandma. Lily finally started acting like her normal happy self just as everyone was leaving (it figures) so she finally ate some dinner. Here she is enjoying a biscuit, ham, and a deviled egg (she loves the oddest foods):

After eating, Lily opened more of her Easter presents which included a stuffed bunny from us and a Bouncy Bee pull toy from her Aunt Beth and Uncle John. She liked cuddling with the soft bunny but absolutely loved pulling around the bee toy and played with it for a long time. She loves bees:


Before we left, Lily got to eat a bunny cupcake for dessert. My mom spent forever making them and they were almost too cute to eat. Lily especially loved the marshmallow ears:






Lily slept on the drive home and continued to snooze in her carseat in the house for a while. When she woke up, she was very warm again and had a slight fever so I gave her some Tylenol and took her to bed. Paul will be home from work next week with Rachel but we were still planning on taking Lily to daycare so that Paul can work on some projects in the yard and Lily can continue to acclimate to her new daycare. However, we will have to play it by ear depending on how she does overnight and feels in the morning. It is a shame that my poor little girl got sick on Easter but as a kid, I used to celebrate every holiday by becoming ill. Apparently, like mother like daughter!

No comments: