Saturday, November 28, 2009

Lily's 37th Week (11/9/09 – 11/15/09)

Lily continued to eat solids for breakfast this week and continued to try to crawl. I felt bad for her because she got so frustrated sometimes. On Thursday, my mom came over shortly before we returned from work and brought us dinner. She stayed to visit for a while then took Rachel back home with her. Rachel didn’t have school on Friday so she got to hang out with my parents all day. They stayed pretty busy. They went to see ‘A Christmas Carol’ in 3D then went shopping so that Rachel could pick out some of her Christmas presents. Since it was opening weekend of firearm season for deer, Paul wanted to go hunting at his parents’ house so we planned to head up there after work on Friday. When we got home, I quickly packed then Paul took forever trying to figure out how to pack everything into his new truck. It doesn’t have a topper or bed cover yet so we had to put everything in totes then he had to fit them all together in the bed of the truck. While I was waiting, Lily crawled for me! She crawled for Paul on the bed while I was packing but I told him that didn’t count because it was on a soft surface and I didn’t get to witness it. She is such a cute crawler. Of course, she crawled over to get a cat toy that I then had to take away from her, much to her displeasure. Apparently we will have to start baby-proofing once we get back from Lovells! We called my parents once we got on the road and they met us at a gas station off of the highway to hand Rachel off to us. We had a fairly uneventful drive up but didn’t get to his parents’ house until around 11pm so everyone was asleep when we got there.

Paul spent most of Saturday hunting while Lily, Rachel, and I hung out with his parents and his sister, Debbie, and her kids, Jack and Sophia. Sophia will be a year old in a few days so we had a little pre-birthday party for her. Rachel made a cake and cupcakes for the party. Saturday was still bow season while Sunday was the start of firearm season but Paul got a deer with his bow and arrow on Saturday evening. He spent Sunday processing it and will finish Monday at home as he has the day off. I had a pretty nice relaxing weekend and napped while Lily napped. It was enjoyable to see all of the kids play together. Lily had a lot of fun practicing crawling around her grandparents’ house.

Here are some pictures from this week.

Rachel put Lily in her violin case on Monday evening:

Private concert:

My little girl getting sleepy at bedtime:



And she’s out:

Watching Blue’s Clues with daddy on Tuesday evening:

Lily was still trying to crawl on Wednesday but she kept putting her butt up in the air:

My goofy girl wondering why she couldn't crawl that way:

Hanging out in her walker from Carol. She seemed to only be able to go backwards in it:

Looking skeptically at her purring lion:

Passed out on Thursday night:

Eating Cheerios during dinner on Friday:



Lily happily playing in the wasteland of toys at Grandma Maureen’s on Saturday morning:

She loved this old rolling chicken toy of Debbie’s and quickly figured out how to make it work:




Standing up to play. I love her big diapered butt:

This is fun:


Lily playing with her cousin, Sophia:

Sophia was really into the television:

Rachel and Sophia:

Lily loved this peek-a-boo toy:

My tired girl relaxing with a teether on daddy:


Grandma Maureen reading a book to Sophia:

Sophia passed out on a walk down the driveway:

Rachel found a wild turkey feather:

After her nap, Sophia got dressed up and we celebrated her upcoming 1st birthday:

Sophia was very interested in her cake:

Singing ‘Happy Birthday’:

Jack enjoyed a cupcake while Lily watched all the fun:

Sophia got a little messy:

I let Lily taste some frosting. She loved it:

I’ll get some more myself, mommy:


Lily and Sophia were very color-coordinated:

Lily loved this treehouse toy:

Hanging out in the empty toy basket:

Rachel practiced her violin while the little ones played:

Lily tried to stand while playing with this table but could only get one knee up:

I felt like she was trying to explain something to me:

Passed out on her camouflaged daddy on Saturday night after a hard day of playing:

Back to playing with the pizza teether on Sunday morning:

Jack loved Sophia’s birthday present. Sophia loved what was on TV:

My naked little girl playing in the sunlight:

Lily loves to hang out in a diaper so I let her play with Sophia for a while before getting dressed after her bath:


Such a cute little pudgy belly:

Sophia and Lily love their Grandma Maureen:

No comments: