Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happy Halloween! (10/31/09)

Today was Lily's first Halloween! It was a pretty busy day. Thank goodness that it fell on a weekend this year instead of a weekday. Rachel's best friend, Katelyn, flew in from North Carolina to spend the holiday at her dad's house and the girls have been planning their costumes and sleepover for months. Rachel could hardly contain herself all day until it was time to take her over to Katelyn's house. They planned their costumes to coordinate so Rachel went as an angel and Katelyn went as a devil. They changed into their costumes and trick-or-treated at Katelyn's house in Northville so we never got to see them in costume. Katelyn's parents are supposed to email me some pictures of them so I will post them when I receive them. Apparently the girls had a lot of fun. After we dropped Rachel off, we went shopping to find me a red plaid shirt and a straw hat so that I could be a farmer since we were dressing Lily up as a chicken. Plaid shirts are apparently very hard to find because I had to go to three different stores before I could find one and I never did find a straw hat, not even at a Halloween store. We were running out of time so we gave up the search for the hat and hurried home to feed Lily and get her in costume before trick-or-treating started. I was going to take Lily around to a few of our neighbors' houses but it was pretty windy and cold so we only took her to one house. She answered the door with me in costume to hand out candy to all of the kids. My parents came over around 8pm to babysit Lily while we went to a Halloween party at the Fredrick's house. She had already gone to bed but right before they arrived, she woke up crying and was really hard to console. That is such a rare event for her. She calmed down a little before we left but was still fussy. My mom had to shoo me out the door telling me that they would be fine but I felt bad leaving her with a fussy baby and felt bad that Lily didn't feel good. We had fun at the party but I worried about how things were going with Lily the entire time. I dressed up as a bee and Paul went as the farmer as my parents had brought with them a straw hat to complete the costume. We stayed until about midnight. When we returned home, Lily was still awake. Apparently my parents spent the entire time walking the house with her and my mom said that she was acting like she did when she was colicky, crying with a really tight tummy. All I can think is that her dinner upset her tummy. It was a new food, a combination of chicken and sweet potatoes, but she had eaten both items separately before so I wouldn't think that they would upset her stomach when put together. Poor thing. At the time, I was joking that my baby was a cannibal, eating chicken for dinner while dressed as a chicken. It was a pretty fun Halloween but I felt bad that it didn't end so well for poor Lily and her tummy. Thankfully, Lily's stomach apparently calmed down because after my parents left, we went to bed and she slept fine without any incidences of crying.

Here are some pictures from Lily's first Halloween.

Lily in her fourth and final Halloween outfit on Halloween morning:

Rachel and her Spongebob Squarepants inspired pumpkin:

All of our pumpkins:

Paul and his monkey pumpkin:

Lily and her matching baby with pacifier pumpkin:


Lily with all of our pumpkins:


I think that the cutest pumpkin is definitely the one in the middle:




My pumpkin family:

Me and my owl pumpkin:

Lily standing up with my pumpkin:

She tried to steal the pacifier out of the mouth of her pumpkin and put it in her mouth:

Me and my sweetie:

Farmer Kelly and her Chicken Lily:

Bawk, Bawk:

Chickens like toys, too:

So adorable:

My chicken passed out after a long day:

No comments: