Monday, June 22, 2009

Lily's 15th Week (6/8/09 - 6/14/09)

This was a pretty busy week for us. On Monday morning, Lily had her second physical therapy appointment. This time both Paul and I went with her. We stopped by work first so she could say "hi" to a few of our coworkers. The physical therapist was very nice. She was impressed with the amount of head and upper body strength that Lily has developed in just a week. She showed us some more strengthening exercises and set us up for another appointment in two weeks and two in July. After that, she just wants to recheck Lily when she starts sitting up and walking to make sure that she continues with even bilateral development of her head, neck, and core muscles. After the appointment, I went to work while Paul drove Lily back to Kirsten's. Apparently Lily was pretty tired from all of her exercise because Kirsten said that she slept for most of the day. Meanwhile, I was off of my pumping schedule so I missed my morning pumping. I had a late patient then an early patient so I ended up finally pumping 2.5 hours after my regularly scheduled time which was 5 hours after she last breastfed. I was dying! It was a busy day at work which was exacerbated by the fact that one of my coworkers had to go to the ER due to chest pain. Gladly, he did not have a heart attack. We visited him briefly in the ER before leaving work then went home to finally relaxed.

Tuesday was field day for Rachel at school and Wednesday was her last day of school. It was a half day. My mom picked her up from school and took her to McDonald's for lunch then they went to the movies to see "Up". My mom stayed until we got home but Rachel didn't provide much entertainment for her. Rachel crashed after all of the excitement from the end of school and slept for most of the afternoon and evening. My mom stayed to play with Lily for a while. Rachel finally woke up for dinner then went right back to bed. Apparently she was really tired!

Since Rachel didn't have school on Thursday, she went to Kirsten's with Lily. She gets along great with Kirsten's daughter, Keegan, and their neighbor, Leia, so they hung out together all day. They even went shopping and the girls all got matching outfits. How cute! Unfortunately they didn't get any pictures together. We were told that Rachel's basketball class would continue even with school being out but when we went there, the school was all locked up and the gym was empty. Poor Rachel was disappointed. We went to Costco instead and Rachel finally got her disposable camera pictures developed from fifth grade camp.

On Friday, my parents came over so Rachel stayed home with them. My mom cleaned the house while my dad dug a giant trench in our backyard to run power out to the pond in our patio for the pump and water fountain. It was a huge job that I can't believe he accomplished all by himself. Both my parents worked really hard! That night we all went to Red Robin for a send-off dinner for Rachel. After dinner, we had Dairy Queen then watched Antz. Lily and I didn't make it through the movie (see pictures below).

On Saturday morning we had to get up really early to take Rachel to the airport. She went to South Carolina to stay with her mom for a month. We then ran some errands before my parents came over to babysit Lily. They took her to a few open houses in Swartz Creek while we went to our co-worker, Meghan's wedding. This was the second time we left Lily with a sitter (except while at work), the first time being for only an hour. It felt so odd being without her. There was a baby at the wedding that was only about a week apart from Lily in age. It made me cry because I missed her. I was amazed because that baby was a lot smaller and less advanced developmentally than Lily. I actually had a few drinks which is the first time I've drank alcohol in almost two years. Needless to say, it didn't take much to get me buzzed. I had researched about pumping and dumping and apparently you don't have to because once the alcohol is out of your bloodstream, it is out of your milk as well. I did end up pumping and dumping a few times, though, to alleviate fullness. I felt so wasteful throwing out about 10 ounces of milk! I had about three drinks early then stopped because I wanted to be fine when I got home to Lily. We ended up staying out pretty late and got home around 11:30. It was fun but I couldn't stop missing my little baby. It's strange how she changes all my priorities. After such a busy week, I was exhausted by Sunday. Lily actually slept in until about 8am which was a blessing for Paul and I. Paul spent the day doing yardwork while Lily and I played all day and took advantage of the free HBO and Cinemax weekend on TV.

In general, Lily's development this week includes being able to roll over back to tummy really quickly and easily now, almost rolling from tummy to back again, propping herself up on her arms, and reaching for and playing with toys a lot. She stares at and studies everything very intently but mostly she just wants to put everything in her mouth. She is a very happy and smiley baby.

Here are some pictures from this week.

Lily sleeping on my lap in a diaper:




Some pictures taken by Kirsten:

Playing on the floor at home:
Lily loves sitting up but can't do so unsupported yet. She likes her Bumbo but hates that she can't kick her legs in it so she will only tolerate it for a limited time. Here she is with her favorite rattle. You can't see its face but it looks like a clown so, naturally, it freaks me out:



Lily and my mom were very color coordinated on Wednesday:
A huge smile with her favorite toy:

Lily looked very lady-like with her legs crossed sitting on my mom's lap:

Our peonies in full bloom:


Lily loves her sitter, Kirsten:
The huge trench my dad dug on Friday:

My mom and Lily both intently watching Rachel's fifth grade camp DVD:

Cute picture:
The DVD put Lily to sleep. Note my mom's lovely Hello Kitty band-aid:

Speaking of sleeping through DVDs, neither Lily, Reiley, or I could stay awake through our Friday night movie:

Lily is sleeping in the exact same position as I am:
I classed up Paul's seat assignment at Meghan's wedding:

Paul stands watch at the shady looking "Members Only" entrance at the hall:

Paul and I at the wedding:

With our coworkers and good friends Chris, Karen, Cate, Julie, Lynn, Meghan, and Kim:

Sunday was Flag Day so I dressed up Lily in her other patriotic outfit. See the Memorial Day posting for her first patriotic outfit. She was a complete ham for these pictures which is totally her personality:




No comments: