Sunday, June 7, 2009

Lily's 14th Week (6/1/09 - 6/7/09)

Happily, Lily got over her cold early in the week. No more runny nose and cough which makes us all feel better. Unfortunately for me, she got into a routine where she was up all day at Kirsten's then came home, ate, and fell right asleep for the night, only waking briefly to eat. This is fine for 10pm on but she was sleeping from 7pm on which meant that I got to spend less than an hour each evening with my awake baby. I missed her! This happened Monday and Tuesday. By Wednesday, she was up with me a little more and was up until about 9pm Thursday and Friday. The payback for Kirsten getting all of Lily's awake time is that Lily got into a routine this week so that she only pooped at Kirsten's. That's fine for us but poor Kirsten gets many diaper bombs daily! Lily is showing an interest in toys now. She really likes rattles but mostly just wants to chew on them. Her preferred chew toys are our fingers or arms, though.

People keep asking me if Lily is sleeping through the night. The answer is still, "no." However, I get to her right when she starts fussing in her sleep and feed her before she fully wakes up. She then falls asleep eating in about 5-10 minutes. This happens 1-2 times every night which isn't a big deal because the whole thing doesn't take long at all.

On Wednesday, Lily had her physical therapy assessment for her right torticollis (head tilt). Paul has a lot more time off banked at work than me so he went to the appointment with Lily. The physical therapist was very reassuring. She said that her torticollis is minor but showed us some exercises and stretches to do with her beyond what we had already been doing. She wants to see her just a few more times and is mainly concerned with reassessing her when she begins sitting then walking to make sure that she does these things correctly as the head tilt can cause uneven muscle development in the trunk to compensate. She was very impressed with Lily's leg muscle strength which is apparently quite advanced. She is also rolling over like a rock star which is advanced for her age. She still gets mad when she rolls over, though, because she doesn't like being on her stomach but she keeps rolling over anyway. She does these crazy leg lifts all the time working her abs which the physical therapist says is getting her stomach muscles ready for sitting. She can already balance in the sitting position briefly until she turns her head or moves her arms at which point she topples over. The physical therapist wants me to come to her next appointment next week with Paul.

The rest of the week was fairly uneventful. Rachel had basketball again on Thursday. On Saturday, Paul did some yardwork. I pretty much had to carry Lily around all day as she was quite fussy. She cried every time I tried to set her down so I didn't even get to change out of my pajamas all day. She needed to be constantly bounced or rocked to remain happy. I swear that she is teething. She has been super drooly since about 9 weeks of age and she was trying to chew on everything this weekend. She kept sucking on my arm, Paul's arm, or anyone's fingers she could get a hold of. She actually gave me a hickey on my forearm from just sucking on it for less than a minute. I wanted to take her for her three month pictures on Saturday but didn't really want pictures of a crying baby so I put it off until Sunday. She wasn't feeling a whole lot better Sunday but I took my chances and took her for her pictures anyway. Surprisingly, she was a happy angel for her pictures and we got a lot of really good ones. I will post them later. After her pictures, we took Rachel to the Roof's because her friend Kassiana wanted to hang out one last time before she left to spend the summer at her dad's house in Montana. They played putt putt. Meanwhile, Pat and Auriel watched Lily while Paul and I went and got some pizza. It wasn't an exciting date but it was our first since Lily was born!

Here are some pictures from this week.

My cute baby sleeping. It looks like she is pouting in her sleep:



Sleeping with Daddy:


Her first time in her Bumbo. This was a gift from Rachel for my baby shower. She called it a "Bimbo". Amber is curious:


Chewing on a wrist toy in her Bumbo. She explores the world via her mouth:



I stepped out of the room for less than a minute and when I returned, she was fast asleep in the Bumbo. I couldn't stop laughing at how adorable she looked:



When she gets sleepy she tends to stare into space:



Hey mom:



And asleep:



Adorable little chubby feet:



Looking cute, as usual:


Sleepily sucking on her pacifier:



Big yawn that made the pacifier fall out:


Lily loves her big sister, Rachel:


She also loves her Mommy:


Big curious eyes:

No comments: