Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Father's Day (6/21/09)

Last Father’s Day was the day I found out I was finally pregnant so spending this Father’s Day with our beautiful baby was extra special. We started the day with brunch at Zukey Lake Tavern then went to Target. My mom came over from Davison then my dad arrived from a conference in Lansing. Here is Lily in a cute bonnet that my mom made her:



My mom and I made dinner for everyone. It was super hot out so we tried to turn on the air conditioner but it fired up then immediately died. I was so-o not happy. Lily did not enjoy the heat so she spent most of the day in her diaper. She started a new cute trick today which shows a lot of hand-eye coordination. She would take her pacifier out of her mouth, extend her arm all the way out, then bring it back to her mouth and put it back in. It was very cute. Here is her playing with her pacifier in her diaper:


She is unhappy about the heat in her Bumbo:

She got a little happier when I put the fan on her:

We ended up eating dinner out on the patio where there was at least a bit of a breeze. After dinner we had strawberry shortcake and presents.
Here is Lily with Papi Tim in her "I Love Grandpa" bib:


Now here she is with Paul in her "I Love Daddy" bib:


Lily fought sleep like a champ and would not lay back on me but she lost the battle and fell asleep sitting up on my lap:

We put the bonnet on to protect her head from the sun:




It was a lovely night. We missed not having Rachel there as the family was incomplete on Father's Day but we did talk to her on the phone.

No comments: