Friday, February 27, 2009

It's Nearly Go Time!

I had my OB check today. No weight gain or loss again. Unfortunately, I have not had much progress toward labor even though I am 8 days overdue. I am still fully effaced with the baby in the proper position but I am only 1.5-2 cm dilated so we talked about induction which I am totally ready for. I never thought I would want Pitocin since I have heard such awful things about it but I also never thought I would still be pregnant at this point. He said that my cervix is ready so Pitocin is the next step. I would get admitted into the hospital, they would start the drug, and things would hopefully take off from there. He thought it would take a few days to get scheduled but came right back into the room to say that they actually have an opening at 6:30 tonight. I said, “I’ll take it!” I was relieved for about five minutes then the terror set in. Nonetheless, I am glad that things will be moving along finally and it is nice to know when it is going to happen. We are currently at work this morning then are going home to take naps and get everything in order. The bags have been packed and in the car for weeks now but I will probably take them out and double check that I have everything I need. I called my parents and Paul’s parents. My parents are coming up to the hospital once I am settled in tonight. Paul's parents are coming down tomorrow to be at the house to help Rachel get moved in, stay with her, then bring her up to the hospital to meet her little sister. I am completely nervous but totally excited that we are going to meet Lily soon!

No comments: