Monday, November 24, 2008

27 Weeks Along (Friday, 11/21/08)

On Saturday, I worked a double shift of overtime at the Blood Gas Lab. I didn’t sleep well the night before but did okay. The first hour and a half and last hour and a half of the shift were the worst. I worked from 8am to midnight so I went straight to bed when I got home. Sunday I relaxed and watched more of Gilmore Girls. I am up to the last season now. I had ambitions to clean the house but being lazy won out.
On Monday I caught Paul’s cold which has apparently been circulating the globe. I was sick all week with sinus congestion, runny nose, sore throat, coughing, and general malaise. Neither of us missed any work but we spent most of our evenings laying on the couches as we had no energy. Tuesday, Paul’s sister, Debbie, had her baby. Sophia Lucille Vincent was born at 2:12am and weighed 8 lbs 7 oz. We can’t wait to meet her. We wanted to visit Lovells and detour to Traverse City to meet the baby this coming weekend but with all of the viruses going around, Debbie is protecting her from germy visitors for the time being. Rachel flies in tomorrow to spend Thanksgiving week with us. We can’t wait to see her. It has been a long but busy three months since she left us.

News from the womb…
The baby’s lungs continued their rapid growth this week. The brain wave patterns are now similar to those of a full-term baby at birth. The forebrain began to enlarge to cover all other developed brain structures while still maintaining its hemisphere divisions. As a result, significant brain development will occur. The baby has grown ½ inch this week to measure 9.5 inches in length from head to rump. As the baby gets bigger, it begins to press on my diaphragm which may cause me to be short of breath. The baby is growing more and more active and usually at least 10 kicks can be felt in a two hour period. The baby is likely to be more active at times when I am less active. This is because my movements can lull the baby to sleep.

No comments: