Monday, October 15, 2007

No IUI For Me :(

On Tuesday the clinic cancelled my intrauterine insemination. I was using Femora and Gonal-F shots and apparently they were too effective. My day 10 ultrasound and blood work looked good with one dominant follicle developing but by my day 12 ultrasound and blood work I was supercharged with 4 good follicles. They said that the risk of multiples was too high (25% chance of twins, 5% chance of triplets, 1% chance of quadruplets) so they cancelled my IUI and told me to abstain for the next week. I was quite devastated but then I thought, ' more is better than none,' so I ignored their advice and, although we didn't have the benefits of insemination, we tried the old fashioned way. I will know on our 4th anniversary, October 25, if it worked. Please say a prayer for us! And throw in that prayer the wish that I am not pregnant with more than 2 babies!

2 comments:

Pops said...

Best of luck! You're in our thoughts!

Deborah Rysso said...

Kelly, just want you to know that we are sending you positive energy! Love, Mike, Debbie, Jack, Goo, Pierre, Nico, and maybe Toffee, who may be too busy trying to sneak out the front door to be able to send positive thoughts to anyone!