Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lily's 52nd Week (2/22/10 – 2/28/10)

It was super rainy on Monday morning which was awesome because both of my windshield wipers fell apart on my drive in to work. Thank goodness I only had to drive to the Brighton Health Center and was able to buy new wipers on my way home!

Lily had a really fitful night on Tuesday night and woke up crying multiple times. In the morning, she wasn’t acting ill but was teary and clinging to me. It didn’t help her morning mood that Paul somehow gave her a big scratch down the front of her forehead while changing her clothes. When we got to Kirsten’s house, we told her about the difficult night and Kirsten checked Lily’s mouth to see if she was perhaps teething. Lily’s gums were swollen and hard on the bottom where her first set of molars are located so it looks like they are getting ready to come in. Lily hates it when we check her mouth for new teeth and frequently bites when we try so new teeth tend to go undetected for a while. I never even thought to check as she has never acted like this due to teething before. However, molars are much more painful to break through than the skinny pointy front teeth. Poor Lily! Kirsten gave her some Tylenol and she was fine for the rest of the day. The molars didn’t seem to give her any more trouble and by the end of the week, the right molar was all the way through and the left was still lingering just under the surface. So now my little baby girl has 9 teeth with 1 more on the way!

Lily was scheduled to have her one year portraits taken on Saturday so I was a bit worried about Tuesday’s scratch but had hopes that it would fade throughout the week. Unfortunately, it scabbed up pretty good. Then on Thursday, Lily wiped out while walking around Kirsten’s living room and smashed her face into a big wicker basket, putting a big cut on the side of her nose. AAH! Luckily Christina said that she can most likely Photoshop out the injuries.

Lily woke up crying really hard on Friday morning at 4am and was trying to crawl up onto me. When I touched her, she was soaking wet. Paul got her dressed after her bath on Thursday night then we put her right to bed. When I got Lily on the changing table, I discovered that Paul put her pajamas on with no diaper underneath!!! I yelled for him to come in and see what he had done as I tried to clean up and change my freezing, soaking, crying little girl. I knew that he wouldn’t believe me unless he saw his mistake with his own eyes! The bed was still soaked where she sleeps and I was too tired to change the sheets so we threw some towels over the giant wet spot and I kicked Paul out of bed so that Lily could take my place and I could take his.

Lily had her one year portraits with Christina and Two Angels Photography on Saturday. Unfortunately, she was not an agreeable photography subject for Christina again. She just doesn’t respond well to Christina for some reason which stinks because she is a really good photographer. Lily kept crying and wanting me to hold her so I had to leave the room. This made her a little more cooperative but she still wasn’t smiley. I was excited to do some cake smash pictures but, unfortunately, Lily wasn’t very into it and barely touched the cake. I think that Christina got some good pictures of Lily daintily tasting the frosting, though. I hope that we at least got a few good shots out of the whole ordeal!

Sunday was a fairly relaxed day after a somewhat crazy week. Lily was so cute in the morning. She usually wakes up smiling and talking. She loves music so last weekend, I showed her how to turn on the radio on my alarm clock. She didn’t touch the button again all week and there are a lot of buttons but when she woke up on Sunday, she crawled right over to the alarm on the headboard shelf and pushed the correct button. As soon as the music came on, she turned to me with a huge grin on her face and started bopping to the beat. It was so adorable! Then she spent some time pushing the button on and off and on again, always smiling with delight to the onset of the music.

Here are some pictures from this week.

Lily wanted to feed the jar of baby food to herself on Monday. It didn't really work:

Walking around with her lion and her pacifier on a string. She doesn't like it when you attach the pacifier holder onto her clothes as she prefers to whip it around and chew on the metal end. Crazy girl:

Lily went to bed Monday night with wet hair and woke up with a crazy hairdo on Tuesday morning. Paul had to document it:



View from the top:

And the side:

What!?:

I wanted to get a picture of Lily in these adorable kitty pajamas but she was less than happy about it:

Looking outside at all of the squirrels on the birdfeeder on Sunday:


You can see the scratch on her poor forehead. I seriously hope that she doesn't scar easily like I do:

Yummm, Girl Scout cookies:

You can see the cut on Lily's nose in the following pictures. Again, I hope that she doesn't scar like I do. Lily wanted to share my orange with me but kept making hilarious faces at the sourness of it. She still kept eating it, nonetheless:



Lily discovered the fridge this weekend and likes to play in it whenever we open it. There are so many neat things inside:

No comments: