Thursday, January 14, 2010

Merry Christmas! (12/25/09)

Lily got us up really early on Christmas morning which was surprising since she went to bed pretty late last night. Paul filmed the video posted earlier, we had breakfast, then we started opening presents.
Here is our tree on Christmas morning:

Lily was excited to start opening presents:

Lily and I with her giant pile of presents:

Her first gift, keys from Aunt Jodi and Uncle Mike that instantly went in her mouth:

An ornament from Mike, Jodi, Maegan, and Michael:

Looking at her new books from Aunt Eileen:


She kept checking out and beating on this gift. We saved it for last as it was the Playskool Busy Ball-Tivity Center that we knew that she loved since she greatly enjoyed playing with her cousin's toy. However, we didn't end up getting any pictures of her with the actual gift once it was opened:

Lily is less interested in the onesies from Aunt Eileen and more interested in the wheels on this alligator toy:

Beating on the big gift again:

Lily's version of helping unwrap gifts included eating the paper:

She loved this snowman from Aunt Eileen:

Lily playing with her doll from Aunt Beth:

The doll will go in this stroller walker from Aunt Beth:

Chewing on her new stuffed kitty's face:

The kitty goes with this book:

Playing with the kitty's face:

Checking out her stuffed Blue that dances and sings:


Lily and I with our matching slippers and pajamas, both coincidental. I didn't realize our pjs matched until that morning. My slippers came from my Aunt Margaret a few years ago. I wear them every Christmas. I bought Lily's slippers at Target a month ago because I thought they were cute, totally not realizing that they were a lot like mine:


Opening presents and playing with all of her toys was exhausting, so Lily took a nap on Paul in his Joe Cool Christmas shirt:

Our stockings. We totally forgot to open the gifts inside them so we will have to save them for later:

We let Lily take a long morning nap because we had a big day ahead of us and knew that she would miss her afternoon nap because of it. Unfortunately, by the time she woke up, got a bath, and we all got on the road to my parents' house, we got there too late to open gifts with them as we had to leave right away for my Aunt Gloria's house.
Here is Lily with my mom and her walker. Lily was very interested in the walker. She probably thought, "Hey, I could walk too if I had one of these things!":
We proceeded on to my Aunt Gloria's house to have a nice relaxing dinner with her, my Uncle Jim, and my cousin, Marcia, along with her husband, David, and children Austen, Sam, Ginger, and Vivian. We spend every Christmas day at Gloria's house and have done so since before I was born. Christmas Eve is always spent at my Grandma Marion's and Christmas day is always spent at my Aunt Gloria's. I love our traditions and love sharing them with Lily now. Marcia and her family usually join us from Connecticut every other year. I was glad that they got to join us for Lily's first Christmas. Our orthopedic Christmas continued as Jim just had a knee replaced in the beginning of December so both he and my mom hobbled around the house with their walkers. Again, we forgot to get a matching walker picture.
Here is Lily playing at my Aunt Gloria's house in her cute Christmas dress (with Jim's walker in the background):



Stop taking my picture:

Lily was very interested in Ginger's bracelet:

My little cutie playing on the floor with daddy:

Mmm, presents:





Lily unwrapping (and eating) another gift:


Marcia, Lily, Ginger, Sam, Vivian and my mom amongst all the gifts:

My mom and Lily opening cards:

Ginger with a bow on her nose:

This picture of Marcia with Ginger (who looks just like her mom) and Lily reminded me of a picture of Marcia, Jared, and I taken at Gloria's old house on my first Christmas way back in 1976:

Present mania with Marcia, Lily, Ginger, Austen, Sam, Vivian, and my mom. Lily got a fun blender toy from Aunt Gloria and a gift card to Baby Gap from the Ellis family:

Lily helped Marcia open a gift while Ginger looked on:

Another flashback from Christmas 1976:

Ginger and Lily looking a lot like Marcia and I from above:

This was the first present that Lily was interested in opening, maybe because it was so big that she figured that something wonderful had to be inside. Unfortunately, the gift wasn't for her but she had fun anyway:

After a yummy dinner, presents, and a nice visit, we returned to my parents' house to finally do our gift exchange with them. We had been together on Christmas Eve and Christmas day but we like to exchange our presents to each other separately. Lily actually took a short nap at Gloria's house despite all of the bustle and noise from the kids. It was a good thing because that way she was able to stay up late for presents with my parents. We got some really nice things including shoes, lots of clothes, and kitchen apparel. Lily was excited that the gifts just kept coming!
Here is Lily playing with my mom's walker:

She always has to explore everything with her mouth:



Lily got some cute clothes and this elephant shape sorter which she loved to spin:


Lily with her new bath toys:

After a fun and exciting first Christmas, Lily passed out on my mom:
It was a great day that was made even more special by the fact that we got to share it with our wonderful family and our new baby, Lily. We missed having Rachel around but she had a nice Christmas at her mom's house.

No comments: