Sunday, August 9, 2009

Lily’s 20th Week (7/13/09 - 7/19/09)

This week I was busy packing for vacation every day while Paul helped watch Lily. She can play independently (but supervised, of course) for longer stretches now before wanting to be picked up which helps a lot. She is getting really good at sitting up and can do that for longer stretches as well but still needs a spotter. She no longer falls over when she turns her head but she does fall over when she leans in any direction.
Kirsten took a long weekend so my mom watched Lily on Thursday. She stayed for a while after we got home so I could do some packing which was really helpful especially since she needed to get home to pack as well since we are all going to Higgins Lake together on Sunday. Auriel and Aneasha watched Lily on Friday.
Saturday was a hectic and stressful day. I had so much packing to do and Paul was trying to do stuff around the yard so he wasn’t much help to me. Then as I was trying to do laundry, I discovered that the washer was putting rust stains on the lights and ruined a bunch of clothes. Our water is so hard and rusty that it put a build-up on the inside of the washing machine. Paul tried cleaning it up but I don’t know if the problem is solved and now I don’t trust it not to ruin anything else. Bleaching didn’t get the stains out so now an adorable outfit of Lily’s and our sheets and towels are junk. I did not need that stress on top of trying to pack and watch a fussy baby at the same time so I was not pleasant to be around and had to take a break to call my mom to vent my frustrations. I know that we need a water treatment system but we can’t afford one. Of course, we also can’t afford to ruin all of our clothes and/or buy a new washing machine! Paul left for the airport early in the afternoon to pick up Rachel. We had Pat’s 40th birthday party to go to so I went there instead of the airport. My stress level and all the packing I needed to do still did not have me in the party mood but I am really glad that I forced myself to take a break and go. We had a lot of fun and I finally relaxed. While we were there, Lily had a big blowout then her fussiness ended so I think that her GI system must have been bothering her. I was in a much better mood when Rachel and Paul joined me at the party and was really glad to have Rachel back home. Lily was so cute because she kept staring at Rachel as if to say, “Where have you been!?” Then she was laughing hysterically at the antics of a little boy at the party. We got back home around 8pm and things went much better. I was able to finish packing everything and we got to bed around 11pm. That is amazing for me since usually I am up all night before vacation trying to finish packing and cleaning. It is especially amazing because we had a lot more stuff to pack this time!
Sunday was part of our vacation so it will be included in my Week 21 entry.

Here are some pictures from this week.

Lily looking adorable in Nate's cowboy hat:



Paul hollered for me to help him as Lily had two fistfuls of his hair and was holding his head down and kicking him in the face with her feet. I, of course, had to grab the camera before freeing him from her grip:
Chilling on the bed in the morning sunlight:


Playing with one of her favorite toys:


Who is that adorable baby?

Enjoying some rice cereal in her high chair:








Do I have any food on my face?

Sleeping on Grandma Chris:

Lily loves Nolan. Whenever you say "kitty" she looks around frantically for a cat and when she spots one of them, she squeals with excitement and starts flailing her arms trying to get to them. Nolan lets her 'pet' him (a.k.a. pull his hair). She frequently tries to grab his ears and put them in her mouth but he doesn't seem to mind. He just purrs the entire time:
These feet are tasty:


Watching TV with mommy:

Demonstrating her sitting up skills:


Playing on her pet quilt made by Grandma Chris. The dog is our belated beagle, Betsy. The grey cat is Amber and the two orange cats are Nolan and Reiley (one of them is hidden by her fishy toy):

No comments: