Friday, October 10, 2008

21 Weeks Along

Paul abandoned me for the weekend to try to kill Bambi with a bow and arrow. The past few times he has left me home to go hunting bad things have happened so I was very nervous. Last year during bow season, the dog got sprayed by a skunk (what a disgusting time that was) and I got in a fender-bender. This weekend I did not leave the house and was paranoid every time I let the dog out after dark. Nothing bad happened other than having to chase a bumblebee out of the house. Saturday I chilled, caught up on my shows on the DVR, and cleaned the house some. Sunday both my parents came to help with the basement. Dad also worked on trying to fix our phones (they have been acting up) and mowed the lawn for me since the baby doesn’t like the bouncing of the riding lawnmower. Mom and I worked on organizing the play area and put all the organized toys on the new shelving unit. We got the play area completed and it looks great. We could open a day care with all of the toys we have. We also moved some bookshelves and set up the family room area. We are almost done and it looks so good! Paul came home just in time for dinner with all of us. He didn’t get a deer which doesn’t make me sad at all.
Monday I was pretty tired from all the work in the basement on Sunday. I wanted to go to sleep after work but we had a funeral visitation to go to for my good friend, Carol’s grandfather. He was such a nice man. After the visitation in Davison, we went grocery shopping and got home at 11:00pm. We only put the perishable food away then went straight to bed. Wednesday we got to do what Paul has been excited about since October began- decorate for Halloween. I am in charge of the inside and he loves making the front porch into a scary scene of a giant spiderweb and tons of spiders. He even has a new sound-activated one this year that will drop down. I am sure the little kids will just love that. Wednesday and Thursday we went for 40 minute walks. I was pretty much exhausted all week but couldn’t sleep well for some reason. Friday I had a little scare. I had some mild spotting and called the OB nurse in a panic. She reassured me that since it was just a little bit and not bright red that it is probably just from strain and to take it easy. I pray that it does not worsen. It is way too early for little Lily to arrive and I don’t want to have to go on bed rest right now because I have way too much to do!

News from the womb…
The baby’s legs have approached their final relative proportions. The baby’s heart is growing stronger and stronger and now the heartbeat can be detected by a stethoscope. The arms and legs move with noticeable more force now as the muscles strengthen and the bones become stronger. By now the baby looks like a miniature newborn. Its face looks peaceful with closed eyes, nostrils, and a nicely formed mouth.

No comments: