Tuesday, March 1, 2011

1Y49W: Lily Loves her Mama! (1/31/11 - 2/6/11)

On Tuesday, Lily started saying, “I love you, mama.” It is the sweetest sound I have ever heard and made me cry every time she said it.

Wednesday was deemed ‘Snowmagedon’ by many newscasters but the snowstorm didn’t quite live up to the hype, thank goodness. We did have nearly a foot of snow and there was a lot of drifting. I stayed home from work with Lily because I didn’t want to risk driving her the 19 miles to daycare on potentially hazardous roads. Paul went to work, however. He said that it wasn’t too bad in Ann Arbor but the roads around us were awful and he wouldn’t have been able to get up the hill to leave our neighborhood without his four wheel drive.

Paul took Thursday and Friday off work to get some big and messy projects done around the house so on Friday morning, I took Lily to my parents’ house for the night so that we would be out of his way. Lily loves spending time with gwamma and papi so she had a blast. On Saturday my mom and I went shopping at Birch Run during Lily’s nap. When we got back, we all went to Burger King for dinner. Lily didn’t want to put her shoes on to leave but willingly complied when she found out that we were going to get “burger fries” (she always chants that when we see the Golden Arches). In the car ride to the restaurant, she declared, “I so excited!” It was so cute. While we were eating, there was a very hairy man with an incredibly long ponytail and a giant beard wearing a red plaid shirt and jeans. As soon as Lily spotted him, she excitedly declared, “Grandpa!” and kept shouting to him to get his attention. My parents and I couldn’t stop laughing. Apparently his outfit reminded her of Grandpa Ron but despite the red plaid shirt and jeans, this very hairy bearded man bore absolutely no resemblance to the nearly bald and beardless Ron. It was so funny. We returned home late on Saturday night and I spent Sunday cleaning and organizing the house.

Lily did much better this week at daycare now that we told Tammy to forget regulating Lily’s naps. That was such a miserable failure. Now we have our happy girl back so we are very happy as well.

Another cute thing Lily started saying this week is, “I so happy!” whenever she is in a good mood. It is very cute. She also loves to sing now and sings along to songs on her favorite Dora episodes and sings along with me when I do her naptime song. She likes to play hide and seek and upon hiding declares in a sing-song voice, “Come and find me!” So cute.

Here are some pictures from this week.


Silly girl wandering around in mama's boots on Wednesday:


Lily watching cartoons and still wearing my boots:

Continuing with her shoes that don't belong theme, Lily put her tennis shoes on my old Pooh bear then put him in her Pooh chair:



Happy girl playing soccer with grandma while papi washed dishes on Friday:





Smiley Lily who happily put on her shoes once she realized we were heading out for "burger fries" on Saturday:

Silly Lily put her Dora chair in her beloved diaper box and sat in it to watch TV on Sunday morning:

Cuddling up watching TV again later that evening:

Sitting inside mama's computer bag:

Lily recently started calling the trees on her bedroom mural "volcano trees". I guess I can see their resemblance to volcanoes but that was never our intention. Oops:

No comments: