Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Game On

My break from treatment is over. I had my appointment with my Reproductive Endocrinologist yesterday to reestablish care and explore my options. I was an emotional wreck during my appointment. During my six month break, I think I just let all of the sorrow, anger, frustration, and fear build up inside me and once I sat there with her and looked at a sign on the table that had a picture of a baby and the word "Hope" I just lost it. I could not stop crying. It's not like I got horrible news or anything. She just suggested trying two more IUI cycles with hybrid therapy. After that, she recommends moving on to IVF. (The price list for IVF was overwhelming but we will jump off that bridge when and if we get there.) I guess I am just scared to start all of the turmoil again. She very gently recommended that I see a therapist specializing in infertility and gave me a few names. Poor thing must have thought I was completely crazy, crying nonstop for no reason. I will definitely take her up on it because I am having trouble dealing with all of this, especially with Mother's Day coming up. Treatment will begin again with my next cycle.

No comments: