Monday, July 16, 2007

Long time, no blog

Apparently it has been a long time since I last posted. Sadly there have been no positive developments. Paul finally got in to see a Urologist who confirmed his teratozoospermia with another semen analysis but there is apparently nothing they can do to help. A fixable cause would be a varicocele which is a dilated blood vessel that is basically causing the little guys to be cooked to deformity but apparently he doesn't have that. He also has a normal testosterone level. So in the absence of these problems, there is nothing they can do to raise the percentage of normal sperm. He suggested intrauterine insemination which is another name for artificial insemination. They would give me drugs to stimulate ovulation (more powerful than my current Clomid) then when the time is right they would take his swimmers, wash and concentrate them, picking out only the normal ones, and place them in my uterus. My doctor has also suggested this as our next step if Clomid is unsuccessful for us. I have taken Clomid for the past 4 cycles with no success and the maximum amount of time they let you take it is 6 cycles. I see her in about an hour so I will see what she says...

No comments: